Asrock 970 Extreme4 Lost Video Signal

Asrock 970 Extreme 4, AMD Phenom II 955 BE, 8gig G.Skill RipjawsX PC3-17000, 2x Nvidia 6800GT

Well, I had this setup sitting around for a while and finally decided to install it.

Everything was working fine last night. Rebooted numerous times. Started to install XP and as they decided not to support FDD's I had to slipstream a new installation disk, so I went to bed, shutting down the system.

Today, I am not able to get a signal from the video cards. I've tried all 4 ports, with and without the SLI bridge (had it on last night).

I've reseated the cards just to make sure. The computer is booting up fine as I can watch the codes on Mr Debug and it's cycling just fine, just no video.

I've reset the CMOS, just in case it was a setting I changed last night.

I've not had a chance to test both the cards, but for both to go out simultaneously seems odd.

I've been seeing a lot of "no monitor signal" out of these Asrock Extreme boards, but never see any resolutions.

Anyone have any thoughts?
3 answers Last reply
More about asrock extreme4 lost video signal
  1. Well, it was the video cards. Guess they decided to kick it overnight. So, for those looking... when all else has been eliminated, what's left, however unlikely, must be the truth.
  2. Hey I have the exact same issue. What exactly happened, and did you solve it? I'm on the verge of returning the card, but I don't want to if the motherboard/bios settings/psu is at fault...
  3. For me, one of the video cards went bad, the one in pci-e 2. I was able to swap the cards and it worked. If your cards came from another system you might clean the contacts on your card with an eraser (gently).
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Motherboards