Sign in with
Your question

Asrock 970 Extreme4 Lost Video Signal

Last response: in Motherboards
June 24, 2012 6:45:30 AM

Asrock 970 Extreme 4, AMD Phenom II 955 BE, 8gig G.Skill RipjawsX PC3-17000, 2x Nvidia 6800GT

Well, I had this setup sitting around for a while and finally decided to install it.

Everything was working fine last night. Rebooted numerous times. Started to install XP and as they decided not to support FDD's I had to slipstream a new installation disk, so I went to bed, shutting down the system.

Today, I am not able to get a signal from the video cards. I've tried all 4 ports, with and without the SLI bridge (had it on last night).

I've reseated the cards just to make sure. The computer is booting up fine as I can watch the codes on Mr Debug and it's cycling just fine, just no video.

I've reset the CMOS, just in case it was a setting I changed last night.

I've not had a chance to test both the cards, but for both to go out simultaneously seems odd.

I've been seeing a lot of "no monitor signal" out of these Asrock Extreme boards, but never see any resolutions.

Anyone have any thoughts?
June 24, 2012 6:16:38 PM

Well, it was the video cards. Guess they decided to kick it overnight. So, for those looking... when all else has been eliminated, what's left, however unlikely, must be the truth.
m
l
June 24, 2012 11:00:45 PM

Hey I have the exact same issue. What exactly happened, and did you solve it? I'm on the verge of returning the card, but I don't want to if the motherboard/bios settings/psu is at fault...
m
l
June 25, 2012 4:21:11 AM

For me, one of the video cards went bad, the one in pci-e 2. I was able to swap the cards and it worked. If your cards came from another system you might clean the contacts on your card with an eraser (gently).
m
l
!