Sign in with
Your question

Loading os for asus motherboards

Last response: in Motherboards
June 24, 2012 10:35:40 AM

Hello,
I have built a gaming computer using Maplins quad core bundle which includes an Asus motherboard. This is my first build and I am not techinical so I was flying by the seat of my pants. When I did the initial boot up and attempted to load the OS (win 7) I cannot get any further. The BIOS recognises the HD and the optical drive but the OS disc menu does not appear on screen. I would be grateful for any advice.

Geno.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
June 24, 2012 12:11:04 PM

Press the "del" key after you turn on the system. Be sure the optical drive is set as the first boot device in the bios; you may also calibrate or set the cpu fan speed if you don't like the noise or temps. Then place the windows dvd in the drive; save and exit using f10. Windows 7 is very slow to load; it takes awhile for anything to happen; it inspects your drive and files before starting to load files.
June 24, 2012 6:44:48 PM

o1die said:
Press the "del" key after you turn on the system. Be sure the optical drive is set as the first boot device in the bios; you may also calibrate or set the cpu fan speed if you don't like the noise or temps. Then place the windows dvd in the drive; save and exit using f10. Windows 7 is very slow to load; it takes awhile for anything to happen; it inspects your drive and files before starting to load files.

Hi o1Die,

Thanks for the advice. I tried changing the optical drive to the first sata connection and the HD to the second sata but to no avail. On the advice of a friend I tried to load a freedos file but ive come to a point where it says "Partition signature !AA55_" and cannot go any further......do you have any advice on that?
Related resources
a c 178 Ĉ ASUS
a c 668 V Motherboard
June 24, 2012 8:29:48 PM

This problem is probably caused by a hardware malfunction.
a c 178 Ĉ ASUS
a c 668 V Motherboard
June 24, 2012 8:30:26 PM

You need to repair your MBR.
June 26, 2012 7:29:24 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
You need to repair your MBR.

Thanks a million. I shall get to work on that.
!