Upgrading my PC - Looking for a quality mobo for FX-8 8120

madjam002

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hi everyone :)
I am doing a major upgrade of my PC this summer, but I don't have a very large budget.
I am planning on upgrading my AMD Phenom II x4 970 to a AMD Bulldozer FX-8 8120 3.1Ghz, my case which is some CiT rubbish to a CM Storm Enforcer, and finally my motherboard. I am also getting a nice Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD. I do however plan on sticking with my 8GB of Corsair 1333Mhz Memory, however I will probably upgrade this in the future.

My current motherboard is a Gigabyte M68MT-S2P so I definitely need to upgrade that, but I'm not entirely sure what I should get. I am looking for a motherboard which has compatible USB 3.0 Headers for my CM Storm Enforcer case, and also generally a good motherboard to support future upgrades such as multiple GPU's.

I am currently looking at the Asus M5A99X EVO 990X and the Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, so I was wondering whether anyone here could give me any advice on what motherboard to get. I would prefer to spend less than £110, however I will go slightly over if necessary.

Thanks!