What do i need to build my first pc ?

senseij

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Hello all,

Im in the market for building a new pc especially after I saw prices for Alienware, Tigerdirect, etc. Their prices just seem too much for the components I need. Anyways, I plan on using this pc for gaming, video encoding, photoshop, and Anvil/autocad software. My budget is 1800-1900 max. In terms of games I plan to use on this thing, Im mostly going to play Portal 2, Mass effect, and Starcraft II. I already have a list of what I need, and plan to go to liquid cooling, but Im having some trouble with motherboards and cpu, and OS compatibilities. Any help would be great.

senseij

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
Sorry for not following the reqs.

Anyways,

Approx. purchase date: this weekend !
Budget: 1800-1900
Usage: Gaming, video encoding, photoshop, Anvil/Autocad
Not required: Case, keyboard, mouse, monitor, Speakers, OS, Optical drive, Hard Drive, RAM, PSU.
Preferred site(s): Most likely going to be buying from Fry's, but if I had to go online for some reason, Newegg.com
Parts Preference for parts needed:
Motherboard- Intel i7 1366 Brand- any.
Video Card- EVGA, ASUS, PNY
Overclocking: Maybe
SLI: Yes
Monitor Res: 1920x1080
Additional Comments:
Would like to go the route of liquid cooling.

Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Case- VN300M1W2N

MEMOREX 12X BLU-RAY WRITER

Samsung 256GB Solid State Drive (470 Series)

DDR3 6GB 1600MHz TRI CH

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
A little more info. on the Ram that you already have would be helpful - ddr2 or ddr3 and speed, manufacturer, model number. Also, on the PSU, What is the power rating, manufacturer and model number? What size is your hard drive?

As for water cooling, usually completely unnecessary. You can get excellent aftermarket air coolers for less than half the price. Check out some of the ones listed in the builds in the "Systems: Newbuild" threads