I5 2500k CPU Z says i5 2500

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
so CPU Z says its a i5 2500 not a i5 2500k i bought this PC custom build few months ago just wondering does it now show the K?

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
yup i rang them up they said i need Invoice number so i got my mother LF paper work coz its under her name but she seems think she gave it to me but it has to be some were other wise im going have fork out money and buy a new CPU and not get my 2nd GTX 580 due to this issue

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
they said to just bring it in anyways and they replace it but im 2nd guessing doing that might be lot easier buying the CPU due fact they probably make me wait some what 6 weeks something stupid like that

I'd take it in then, but be aware of what they intend to replace it with, if its the K like you paid for, fine, if its a straight swap for another 2500 plain, take it to a higher level of complaint
but don't hand over your chip at any point unless you have a replacement in the other hand
Moto

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
well i go to school doing I.T networking and i need my PC and if they going stuff me around may just be easier buying it and replace it my self but il be going in tommo and see what the deal is its ther fault that this happened not mine its not my responsibly to check if they put correct hardware in

I'd make sure they know you need it then, express implicitly the importance of your rig to you and your work,
and also express your great sense of anguish at feeling like you have misplaced your faith,trust and money in what you had previously thought to be a fine reputable company
lay it on and make them feel like they have fkd a great friend over, if they're half a decent company, they'll throw in some 'goodwill gesture' hehe :)
fingers crossed for you mate,
Moto

You make it sound like you bought it from a shady place that definitely didn't make an honest mistake. Why did you buy it from them?

Wow, I understand that there are some bad places out there but in something like this the first rule is remove the HSF (heatsink/fan) and check what is on the processor as far as the Sspec#. With the Sspec# you can go to http://ark.intel.com/ and look the processor up by the Sspec#.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
i changed my mind i'm not going be dealing with these guys its just not worth having no PC il just buy another one and install it my self and sell the old one

too much of hassle now days just get stuff done right

i'm better off not failing my education coz of theses toss pots wanna screw me around for few weeks

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
ok so i went further up and told them my issue through email dude said. if they don't fix it on spot get them call him so i'm going go in tommo or Friday and do just that

he said exactly this

They should be able to unless there is an unforeseen problem. Tell them to give me a call if there is any problem.
Cyas
Keith

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
yeh i will so its comfirmed if my UIFI does not say i5 2500K then its not K correct? all UEFI tell right model of CPU?

f3djj4.png

this is example i found on internet