Sign in with
Your question

Where is my motherboard speaker?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 24, 2012 4:42:19 PM

Hi,

I have a Pegasus Violet 3 motherboard, and I am trying to determine if the CPU or motherboard is dead. I get no BIOS beeps, so I am assuming that there is no speaker installed. I can goto Radio Shack to buy one, but I'm not sure where it would go. Here is the diagram of the motherboard.

Thanks, guess I can't upload a pic, sorry.

More about : motherboard speaker

June 24, 2012 4:52:12 PM

Depends on if your motherboard has a spot for a speaker input which I checked most of the Violet HP series which is probably what you have and I found that they don't support a speaker.
m
l
June 24, 2012 5:16:56 PM

Wow. What a piece of crap. They don't support bios speakers? Thanks for the info.
m
l
Related resources
June 24, 2012 6:36:18 PM

Yeah, but this motherboard doesn't even support a speaker. Im trying to diagnose why it won't boot and it's between the CPU and the motherboard and I don't know which. What a hassle.
m
l
June 24, 2012 8:32:13 PM

If its an HP computer they should have light codes instead of beep codes to look up and diagnose problems.
m
l
June 24, 2012 9:27:07 PM

I cleared the CMOS. Here's the thing fellas, with the CPU removed the machine stays on, no shutting off and restarting. With the CPU installed it shuts down and restarts ad nauseum. I tested the power supply and all give proper voltage.
m
l
June 24, 2012 9:31:08 PM

Sounds like a cpu or a motherboard issue, with a mobo/cpu that old i would honestly say upgrade your whole setup instead of wasting 100$ fixing this one. For 200$ you could get something faster.
m
l
January 27, 2013 8:43:00 AM

portcontrol7 said:
I cleared the CMOS. Here's the thing fellas, with the CPU removed the machine stays on, no shutting off and restarting. With the CPU installed it shuts down and restarts ad nauseum. I tested the power supply and all give proper voltage.

My video card was keeping my PC from booting POST. Try that. I replaced the PSU and motherboard instead of checking the components; cleared the CMOS, even changed the battery. NowI have an extra PSU, MB and a battery!
m
l
!