Where is my motherboard speaker?

Hi,

I have a Pegasus Violet 3 motherboard, and I am trying to determine if the CPU or motherboard is dead. I get no BIOS beeps, so I am assuming that there is no speaker installed. I can goto Radio Shack to buy one, but I'm not sure where it would go. Here is the diagram of the motherboard.

Thanks, guess I can't upload a pic, sorry.
9 answers Last reply
More about where motherboard speaker
  1. Depends on if your motherboard has a spot for a speaker input which I checked most of the Violet HP series which is probably what you have and I found that they don't support a speaker.
  2. Wow. What a piece of crap. They don't support bios speakers? Thanks for the info.
  3. I don't know about crap...to many the beep tone(s) are annoying. You can add a speaker - $5 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812201032

The 'better' MOBO's use LEDs including Debugging LED (Dr. Debug).
  4. Yeah, but this motherboard doesn't even support a speaker. Im trying to diagnose why it won't boot and it's between the CPU and the motherboard and I don't know which. What a hassle.
  5. If its an HP computer they should have light codes instead of beep codes to look up and diagnose problems.
  6. Clear CMOS (unplug from wall 5~10 minutes, use the Jumper method) - http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2089/Real_Temp_3.70.html
    8/10 it's the MOBO if ALL else is ruled-out.
  7. I cleared the CMOS. Here's the thing fellas, with the CPU removed the machine stays on, no shutting off and restarting. With the CPU installed it shuts down and restarts ad nauseum. I tested the power supply and all give proper voltage.
  8. Sounds like a cpu or a motherboard issue, with a mobo/cpu that old i would honestly say upgrade your whole setup instead of wasting 100$ fixing this one. For 200$ you could get something faster.
  9. portcontrol7 said:
    I cleared the CMOS. Here's the thing fellas, with the CPU removed the machine stays on, no shutting off and restarting. With the CPU installed it shuts down and restarts ad nauseum. I tested the power supply and all give proper voltage.

My video card was keeping my PC from booting POST. Try that. I replaced the PSU and motherboard instead of checking the components; cleared the CMOS, even changed the battery. NowI have an extra PSU, MB and a battery!
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Speakers Motherboards Product