Need advice on new computer

Hayden Johnson

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
I'm building a new computer for work and some gaming. I'm ordering the parts online and I am going to assemble the computer when the parts have arrived.

What I need help with is whether or not all the parts I have ordered are compatible with each other, I'm particularly concerned about whether or not all the components will fit in the case.
Any help would be appreciated, here are the components:

Antec Two Hundred V2 Versatile ATX Tower Gaming Case

Corsair GS-600 Gaming Series 600W Power Supply - ATX/EPS - Silent 14cm Fan -

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition, 3.20GHz, Six Core, Socket AM3, 125W TDP, 6x512KB L2 Cache, 6MB L3 Cache

Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Video Card - GDDR5 1024MB 256Bit VRAM - 900 / 4200MHz Clock - PCIe 2.1 - DVI, HDMI & Display Port - CrossFireX Ready - DirectX 11 & OpenGL 3.2

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

4GB Memory, PC3-10600 (1333MHz) DDR3, 240-pin DIMM

Minitar Wireless 802.11b/g/n PCI Card - 32 Bit PCI - WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA2 & Sicco CCX Support

I've not used this site before, so I apologise if this is in the wrong section.

Solution

Yes,
its a newer design and i think it would be better in the long run.

Hayden Johnson

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011

Thanks for the reply

I bought the mobo because it seemed good to me after reading some reviews etc. Is there something wrong with gs-600? My main concern is whether or not it will fit and work with the case I am buying. Will the PSU you suggested work fine with everything?

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

I had experience with current leakage, though to each is his own experience.
I might have had a faulty psu.

And they are not as stable to other psus.

Hayden Johnson

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Ah okay. I'm in Australia so Newegg is not an option for me. The site I want to use does not have stock of the PSU you suggested. Does this PSU sound okay?

Thermaltake TR2 Bronze 600W TR-600PCAU Power Supply - ATX / EPS - Silent 12cm Fan - Active PFC - 80 Plus Bronze

I was under the impression Corsair were one of the better brands

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

They are.
But i dont like gs series.
You could go for other series like HX series etc.
But for me i dont like GS series.

You could of course try the gs as i said, i might have gotten a faulty psu.

akataria7

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

yeah this PSU is great . my friend is using this . it is very efficient nd silent and it will also fulfil your demand .

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Yes,
its a newer design and i think it would be better in the long run.

Solution