Buying Golden Sun

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 4, 2005 9:00:07 PM

Hi everyone,

Where online can I buy a brand new copy of Golden Sun, and that'll ship to
Canada? There is currently only one copy for sale on eBay, but is there
somewhere else that I can get a new copy? Golden Sun: The Lost Age is easy
enough to find at EB or Toys R Us, but I can't seem to find a new copy of
Golden Sun.

Thanks!

More about : buying golden sun

Anonymous
January 6, 2005 6:39:04 PM

I had no luck picking it up online either, but my local EBGames did have a
used copy -- only $16.50, at that. If you do pick up a used copy, make sure
it comes with the instruction booklet and the map/poster. From the looks of
it, it's a huge, involved game (haven't started it, yet) and you'll need
those printed materials, as far as I can see, to make sense of the thing.

Take care,

Steve

On 1/4/05 12:00 PM, in article HQACd.362874$0f.158989@charlie.risq.qc.ca,
"Fatbob" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Where online can I buy a brand new copy of Golden Sun, and that'll ship to
> Canada? There is currently only one copy for sale on eBay, but is there
> somewhere else that I can get a new copy? Golden Sun: The Lost Age is easy
> enough to find at EB or Toys R Us, but I can't seem to find a new copy of
> Golden Sun.
>
> Thanks!

January 6, 2005 7:16:03 PM

That's exactly why I'm looking for a new copy. There are quite a bit of used
copies for sale on eBay, but a lot have no manuals (which sometimes makes me
wonder if they are not bootleg copies), and the ones that do have a manual,
have no map. I have yet to see a used copy on eBay that has the map. In
fact, it made me wonder if Golden Sun even came with a map. I know the
sequel does, but I was not sure about the original.

"Steven Folberg" <rebbi@notonyourlifespambreath.texas.net> wrote in message
> I had no luck picking it up online either, but my local EBGames did have a
> used copy -- only $16.50, at that. If you do pick up a used copy, make
sure
> it comes with the instruction booklet and the map/poster. From the looks
of
> it, it's a huge, involved game (haven't started it, yet) and you'll need
> those printed materials, as far as I can see, to make sense of the thing.
>
> Take care,
>
> Steve
>

> On 1/4/05 12:00 PM, in article HQACd.362874$0f.158989@charlie.risq.qc.ca,
> "Fatbob" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Where online can I buy a brand new copy of Golden Sun, and that'll ship
> > Canada? There is currently only one copy for sale on eBay, but is there
> > somewhere else that I can get a new copy? Golden Sun: The Lost Age is
easy
> > enough to find at EB or Toys R Us, but I can't seem to find a new copy
of
> > Golden Sun.
> >
> > Thanks!

January 7, 2005 12:17:20 AM

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:39:04 GMT, Steven Folberg
<rebbi@notonyourlifespambreath.texas.net> wrote:

>I had no luck picking it up online either, but my local EBGames did have a
>used copy -- only $16.50, at that. If you do pick up a used copy, make sure
>it comes with the instruction booklet and the map/poster. From the looks of
>it, it's a huge, involved game (haven't started it, yet) and you'll need
>those printed materials, as far as I can see, to make sense of the thing.

Actually, the game is pretty straightforward (IMHO.) I played it
without instructions or the map, too, and really didn't have any
problems. Its somewhat of a linear game (one of its weaker points) so
there's really not much risk of getting lost, and if you're played
other RPGs, you'll probably not have much difficulty figuring out the
mechanics.

Anyway, you can always buy the instruction manual directly from
Nintendo (I just checked their website and its $1.25 and comes with
the map.)
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 5:39:30 PM

On 1/6/05 3:17 PM, in article omart0lgo63db42mtcpquuf0heo075953m@4ax.com,
"drocket" <drocket@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, you can always buy the instruction manual directly from
> Nintendo (I just checked their website and its $1.25 and comes with
> the map.)

Hmmm... Good to know. I'd no idea that Nintendo sold things like manuals and
maps separately!

Take care,

Steve
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 7:47:53 PM

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:39:30 GMT, Steven Folberg
<rebbi@notonyourlifespambreath.texas.net> wrote:

>Hmmm... Good to know. I'd no idea that Nintendo sold things like manuals and
>maps separately!
>
>Take care,

For the record, generally only games published directly by Nintendo
(which Golden Sun was, though it was developed by Camelot.)
!