basic specs
Windows 7
WD Blue 500GB HDD
Gigabyte AM3 mATX mobo
4GB Crucial DDR3 ram
Phenom II x2 560
evga G210 video card
zalman 450w PSU (ZM450-US)

PC works fine, windows install went fine, etc., the issue is the PC will not come back from a long sleep (about 2+ hours). In fact it won't even turn on afterwards as pushing the case power button does nothing. I need to pull the plug from the PSU or turn its back switch to off and then wait for 10 seconds, afterwards the PC boots up just fine. My initial thought was the PSU but I had this PSU in a DELL unit for several months and it worked just fine. In fact the DELL would often run for days with no re-booting and be in sleep mode for entire days and come back just fine. Also if the PC is sleep mode for around an hour, it comes back just fine. It seems like a safety standard is being tripped but i don't know what causes it. The issue is more annoying then anything else since simply turning the PC off at night is an easy system solving alternative but I would like to find the cause. Any thoughts?

More about : system back sleep mode

a b B Homebuilt system
July 6, 2011 6:27:41 PM

For some users, the Hybrid sleep mode is what causes this problem. Try disabling it to see if this resolves your problem.

To disable Hybrid Sleep mode:

1. Click Start, and then type Power Options
2. Click on the link "Change plan settings" for your selected plan (Balanced, Power Save, High Performance)
3. Click on the link "Change advanced power settings"
4. Scroll down to find "Sleep", and then expand this section .
5. Then expand "Allow hybrid sleep".

You should see two options, On battery and Plugged in. Set both of these to Off.
Once this is done, click OK. Hybrid sleep is now disabled. See if your machine is able to awake from sleep mode now.
!