Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Westboro baptist Church

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
March 25, 2011 3:58:07 PM

How does the Westboro baptist church make enough money to travel around the country with an entourage of 20+? I mean i know that Scientologists have enough money to keep L. Ron Hubbards body cryogenically frozen until Xenu returns(If that is in fact what he is doing). I work a full time job and barely make enough money / have enough time to travel. I didn't realize the donation basket was so deep.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what motivates this church (other than extreme homophobia) morally and financially.
March 25, 2011 4:51:53 PM

The pastor is a complete nutjob! His estranged son lives in my town. He "escaped" his father's grasp at age 18 and never looked back. He said in a local interview that his father is literally crazy. His flock is a revolving door as people figure out how nuts he really is. At one point he said there were only 3 members in his "church".

As to how they are traveling; I think they pool their resources to rent a van, truck, etc. Brown bag their meals, that sort of thing.
March 25, 2011 6:34:28 PM

This so called "church" is despicable and horrid. Plain and simple.
March 25, 2011 6:39:45 PM

buwish said:

No issues there I didnt even want to link to their site. But like G.I. Joe says "knowing is half the battle". i just want to be able to wrap my head around how this things works. It would be ver yinteresting to see where their money comes from.
Spoiler
Maybe just maybe there is a conspiracy somewhere in there! The Rothschild's are funding them LOL.

March 25, 2011 6:41:41 PM

buwish said:

Agreed! However, their protests HAVE been peaceful......so far. And, in the USA they're allowed to peaceably assemble no matter how despicable they are. But yeah, horrid, agree 100%.
March 25, 2011 6:46:13 PM

I cant wait for that azzhole preacher to kick the bucket, I would protest the schzit out of that.
March 26, 2011 4:23:11 AM

I'm not advocating violence here, but I'm shocked that no one or group has tried to do something to them yet. I know that the Hell's Angels aren't fans, amongst others and needless to say I'm surprised that they haven't tried anything yet.
March 29, 2011 4:12:07 PM

The Apostle Paul, in his second letter to the Corinthians, spoke for God;

011:013 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming
themselves into the apostles of Christ.

011:014 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel
of light.

So there are those certain Pastors, Priest, Preachers- all devils, putting on a sheep-suit to appear as holy men but not having the Word of God, they do the works of Satan, and claim their works are "all in the name of the Lord."

June 6, 2011 2:38:29 PM

The guy is preaching a message of hate, segregation and judgement. Therefore he isn't preaching the message of Jesus. Plain and simple.
June 6, 2011 3:22:47 PM

Who's crazier: The rapture preacher or the WBC pastor?

Some people could say he has severs antisocial tendencies and has a case of sociopathy within him.

He also may be seen as a false prophet as well. That is too undescriptive though. Any Christian in their walk with Christ would never do such a thing, but then again, we must remove the plank in our eyes before we can remove the speck in theirs.

The WBC also is firepower for the liberal media against the Christian faith as well. The so-called Christians they are show the world how Christians are haters, demonizers. This is simply untrue. It is all only the response of the individual.
June 6, 2011 9:48:14 PM

It's obvious that all the members of the WBC and Harold Camping are certifiably insane. They'd be of great service to society in the nearest nut house.
June 6, 2011 10:06:21 PM

Neither are following their faith
They dont deserve the attention they get, tho the media jumped aboard Campings doings, yet the WBC forces its way into the headlines, truly shameful
June 6, 2011 10:27:10 PM

I say we turn their picket signs upside down!
June 30, 2011 2:23:26 PM

buwish said:

ALL churches are "despicable and horrid."
June 30, 2011 2:34:00 PM

shredder777 said:
ALL churches are "despicable and horrid."

Even the ones that feed and shelter the poor and homeless?
June 30, 2011 2:37:12 PM

Yes because while they do that, they are also starting wars and tellingpeople they will go to hell if they don't believe in their god.
June 30, 2011 2:46:15 PM

shredder777 said:
Yes because while they do that, they are also starting wars and tellingpeople they will go to hell if they don't believe in their god.

Really? I'm not a church goer but have gone on occasion for whatever reason. I've never heard anything like that. Most of the sermons i've heard are inspiring, and encourage living a good life.

Maybe they say that stuff in the Westboro church but who cares? he has like what, 8 followers?

Full disclosure. I belive in a creator and that humans are spiritual beings but I do not practice any particular religion.
July 1, 2011 12:58:39 AM

shredder777 said:
Yes because while they do that, they are also starting wars and telling people they will go to hell if they don't believe in their god.

You know those are done by humans themselves, regardless...
July 1, 2011 1:11:36 PM

doggy we should get you to infiltrate that church and then tape a few sessions and post the stuff up on the web.

go on ... god wants you to "caste out the unbelievers" ... get some "hot tips" from these guys here ...

http://www.realdeliverance.com/undstand.shtml
July 1, 2011 1:32:29 PM

Heard they are planning on Picketing Ryan Dunn's funeral. Too sad. I didnt know PA was one of the most evil states.

July 1, 2011 1:53:36 PM

Man I'd spray them with fresh warm urine if they were close enough.

I'd bottle it privately of course ... and dispense it with vigour ... through a supersoaker !!!

The trick is to drink plenty of fluids ...
July 1, 2011 3:00:05 PM

Reynod said:
doggy we should get you to infiltrate that church and then tape a few sessions and post the stuff up on the web.

go on ... god wants you to "caste out the unbelievers" ... get some "hot tips" from these guys here ...

http://www.realdeliverance.com/undstand.shtml

You know I need to be high on order to pull it off...or they won't believe me that I want to 'be with them'. Good idea though.
July 1, 2011 3:20:14 PM

Finsih your A+ first.

We can't have unqualified commandoes out there in the wild.

September 12, 2011 2:11:24 PM

This topic has been closed by Reynod
!