Get rid of (Recovered) and wierd startup animation

G

Multiple issues :p

1) I probably wasn't supposed to do this but I deleted the 100mb partition that was on my hdd. Does anybody know what that 100mb partition supposed to do? I successfully got it off of one of my laptops without any problems and with the OCD I have I wanted to get rid of it on all my other computers but the one computer I needed to have windows 7 left on I'm having difficulties with.

2) I had to repair both windows 7 and 8 because of what I did with the partitions and now they have the (recovered) tag after the name which I would like to get rid of.

3) I tried getting the ability to choose between the two os's but after some fiddling I ended up not getting any menu to choose still, and an old startup animation like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B21zA-MdN_I). So I've got similiar issue with the guy in this thread (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259-73-windows-dual-booting-problem-windows) and I'm watching it but if anybody knows how to setup boot options... :p

Dickstar

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
The 100mb partition has to do with booting and recovery. It doesn't show up anywhere unless you look at your hdd with a partition program. It also doesn't use a standard file system. They put it on a separate partition for security reasons. Believe it or not, they know what they're doing at Microsoft. Just leave it alone, 100mb is nothing these days anyway.

You can remove the boot animation in msconfig. Windows + R, type 'msconfig'. Go to the 2nd tab and tick the box that says 'standard video'. You'll get the Vista style loading bar instead of the animation.

G

I know but OCD. Sometimes it doesn't show in My Comptuer but on other computers it does. I found out that they only do this for windows ultimate versions.

I meant the other way around. Also, the standard video is not ticked.

Dickstar

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
I know but OCD. Sometimes it doesn't show in My Comptuer but on other computers it does. I found out that they only do this for windows ultimate versions.

Eat some Ritalin and get over it already.

I meant the other way around. Also, the standard video is not ticked.

That boot-up animation was on the reserved partition you deleted. The only way to get it back in this case is to do a full format and install Windows 7 and leave the 100MB boot partition be.

G

Stupid answer. I started this thread to solve problems not ignore them.

False. And I said I already solved all this. Look at post 2.