genis09

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ar/lkt

I've looked around the past few days and this is what I've came up with. My biggest unknown has to be able the video cards. I've not purchased a pc in 5 years, so seeing video cards $150+ is a bit daunting. While I would love to purchase a great one, buying a "good" one would break my budget.

Would the 5670 run Rift, Starcraft 2, Dota 2, Diablo 3, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and other newer games alright? While the graphics quality would be nice, I am not a total videophile(word?) so being on low to medium quality graphics wouldn't hurt me.

I play at 1600 x 1080.

genis09

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
I would rather the processor be more expensive, and the graphics card be cheaper cause I don't really play many graphic intensive games. The only games I really play right now are Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, and Counterstrike 1.6. The thing is, I want to try newer games in the future like Rift, and etc...

I picked this card because it was labeled as alright by the Tom's Hardware Best Video Cards ~100$. I also will probably upgrade the video card in the future if I do start playing really graphic intensive games.

genis09

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Alright, I updated the op with my resolution (1600 x 1080).

As I stated in the op, I picked the 5670 due to it being super cheap along with the fact that it should be able to play games well on the lower settings. I looked at the 5770, and it's like $120-$130. While it would probably be a nice upgrade, if I were going to upgrade to the 5770, I might as well upgrade to the 6850 (I will probably upgrade to the 6850 or a better one in several months to a year.)