Choosing a good fan for my cpu

Solution

I mentioned the Zalman because it's so easy to install and does a good job. But the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 that We1shcake mentioned is also a great little cooler. Slightly larger and a bit more efficient too. I think it has one more heat pipe than the Zalman. I had one on a previous build and it did a fine job of keeping temps down. Either choice will do the job.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Most any of them. The important thing is to determine what processor and socket you have. In your case it's an Intel socket 775. Here is one example of a HSF that is pretty universal...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118090
I have one on a AMD Phenom II X4 980. I used to have it on my Intel Q9550. But use a good thermal grease, not the stuff it comes with. My suggestion is Arctic 5 Silver along with Arctic Silver Cleaner and Purifier.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007788&IsNodeId=1&Description=arctic&name=Thermal%20Compound%20%2f%20Grease&Order=BESTMATCH

Aioria

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the help.. i was thinking in a v8 or v6 but i dont know if they can fit well in my mobo i wonder if the cooler stick with the north bridge heatsink?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If it's physical space that is the issue, that can only be determined by getting the dimesions of the HSF and measuring your board. That's why I try to avoid huge HSFs like that. I don't do much if any OCing, so a smaller efficient unit usually does the job for me. If you are an OCer and plan on taking the CPU to its limits, you may want something heftier than my suggestion.

Aioria

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
i think both of you have reason so i choose the Zalman’s CNPS5X SZ that clutchc suggested besides it has a cool design thanks a lot guys clutchc and we1shcake :)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I mentioned the Zalman because it's so easy to install and does a good job. But the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 that We1shcake mentioned is also a great little cooler. Slightly larger and a bit more efficient too. I think it has one more heat pipe than the Zalman. I had one on a previous build and it did a fine job of keeping temps down. Either choice will do the job.

Solution