Last response: in Systems
July 6, 2011 9:49:07 PM

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO WIRE 2 OUTDOOR SPEAKERS TO A INDOOR SURROUND SYSTEM
July 6, 2011 9:59:23 PM

Speaker wire
m
l
July 6, 2011 11:26:39 PM

Just wire them to the front left and right surround speakers.

HOWEVER, whether it is safe to have two sets of speakers connected to each output is dependent on your amplifier and your speakers.
m
l
Related resources
July 6, 2011 11:55:04 PM

SOUND ONLY COMES OUT OF ONE SPEAKER
m
l
July 7, 2011 12:02:21 AM

First, turn off caps lock.

Second, try to be a bit more descriptive about what you have an what your problem is. What kind of surround sound system do you have? What kind of speakers are you trying to hook up to it?

If you get sound out of one of the speakers but not the other i would say something is wired incorrectly or not powered on.
m
l
July 7, 2011 12:20:21 AM

I have old Sony STR-DE875 stereo receiver with surround sound theater system. I would like to use it only for powering two outside Yamaha NS-AW570 speakers. The speakers are wired correctly. When I wired the way you suggested sound only comes out of one speaker device which the wires around same thing happens. There may be some some sound coming out but you can barely hear it. You're right I'm very stupid but would appreciate your input
m
l
July 7, 2011 12:41:22 AM

How do you have your speakers hooked up currently? Each one of the outdoor speakers running to a different indoor speaker or are you running your wires from a single indoor speaker to the two outdoor ones? Your sony unit is designed for 4 or 8 ohm speakers, and those two yamaha speakers are 3 ohms each so you need to be careful about how you wire them up, if they are in parallel you shouldnt turn up the volume on the amp too high or you risk burning it out.
m
l
June 24, 2012 2:18:28 PM

hunter315 said:
First, turn off caps lock.

Second, try to be a bit more descriptive about what you have an what your problem is. What kind of surround sound system do you have? What kind of speakers are you trying to hook up to it?
its Sony bavai system two of the front speakers are missing the surround center and sub woofer Have

If you get sound out of one of the speakers but not the other i would say something is wired incorrectly or not powered on.

m
l
!