Closed Solved

Can't repair windows after Bios update

After having power management issues with my computer(whenever my computer went to sleep, manually or because of inaction, it would cut power, crashing the system), I was advised that a bios update might fix the issue. I went onto the Gigabyte website(I have the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3), downloaded @Bios, followed the instructions, and restarted. However, Windows 7 refused to load, and the computer told me to put in the installation disk and repair. I did so, and restarted. Now, when told to select the OS(I have XP and a recovery for XP as well as 7) 7 and XP were both listed as "Recovered". I then selected 7 and began the boot. However, as soon as the Windows icon began to swirl(you could only see 3 or 4 little dots of color) the screen froze and the computer restarted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :D
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about repair windows bios update
  1. Best answer
    When you upgraded the BIOS it probably loaded the defaults for everthing. Were your SATA ports set to AHCI ? If so you will need to go back in BIOS and change them back to AHCI from IDE.
  2. Hmm, going into Bios, it shows up as F9. :P
    However, doing that let me go to the screen that gave me the option for last known good boot, which works! :D
    Thanks so much!
  3. Great. Yeah @BIOS automatically sets everthing to default when you update your BIOS. You can uncheck that option or you have to go in and make the changes yourself.
  4. Best answer selected by Chris15.
  5. Update: looks like the power management issues are still there. I'll put up another topic for that. :(
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Computer Windows XP Motherboards