How much should I sell my gaming PC for?

ikawashere

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Hello, I am planning on selling my newly built desktop gaming rig that I put together myself nearly a month ago. It has only been used for about a week before I packed it up and decided I wanted to sell it. I want to know how much I could sell it for.

Current specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K sandy Bridge 3.3GHz Quad-Core
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Video Graphics: EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 570 HD
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB
Power Supply: 700W Modular High Performance
Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM

Built With:
-P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
-Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
-EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 570 HD 320-bit HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
-Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
-G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) Desktop Memory
-SAMSUNG 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA
-OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply

Built in a COOLER MASTER Storm Scout.
-Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Planned on selling on either craigslist or ebay, but want to know how much I could price it for. If anyone has any alternative websites that I can sell my PC at, please let me know.

Thanks for any help! :wahoo:

i guess its worth whatever some one is willing to pay

but at a rough guess you will probably get 75% or 80% of what it cost you to build it

so if it cost you £800 for example i would guess it would ebay for about £600 to £650

look on ebay for similar spec pcs to get a better idea as thats only my opinion

you may make more ebaying the parts individually buts its more hassle than selling it in one go

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Since i am poor..How about giving me one of em.

Spikebob21

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
lol go on Newegg.com and search all your stuff add to wish list everything and see final cost...

thats your best bet. if i have time later ill do it for you and post a link to the list.

^lol, he just built this a month ago and you think he doesn't know how much he spent doing it?

It is worth whatever someone will pay. But as a start, I would ask for what it cost you to put together, and you will likely have to negotiate downward from there. If someone offers you 2/3rds of what you have spent to build it, I would take it and run.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
Looks a nice build too, shame you need to sell.

Id recommend just put a "buy it now" of something similar to what all the individual components cost new, then then a reserve of say 75% of that figure, and hope for either the buy it now, or a bid of somewhere in between.

Kishere

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
add everythiing on new egg like peoople are saying then boost it up 5-10 percent profit plus add in a monitor and make a 20 more percent profit on that and there u go