Random Blue screens, getting frustrated.

bgflick

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not.

My friend built this PC for me about three years ago, and I've slowly been updating the past year. About two years ago I started getting blue screens, which I found out were related to my GPU, which I upgraded. The BSOD's subsided for about a year, and now they are back. I've upgraded most of my PC, all but my PSU.

This is my current system:

Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz
MSI P67A G45 B3 Mobo
8 gigs of ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
WD 1 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache SATA

I'm beginning to get frustrated and I want to know how I can stress test my system and try to find out the culprit. I just recently updated my HDD no less than two week ago, and the problems are still there.

My Mobo/ram/CPU were upgraded in January. And my GPU was upgraded last December.

What are some programs or ways I can test my hardware?

I did run Memtest last night (the free version, so it ran through windows) and It ran through them 12 times, all coming up with 0 errors.

How can I test my CPU/Mobo/GPU/HDD (aside from gaming)?

I also can't write the error messages down before the PC restarts, but they usually are like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Theres another one but for the life of me I cannot remember it.

99/100 times I get the bsod its when the computer is not being used or surfing the web. While I have crashed while playing video games, its VERY rare.

If you need more information let me know, or if you have any idea what the hell is going on with my computer.

Thanks

-Tyler

larkspur

Distinguished

This means you've pretty much changed every core component except the PSU. What is the PSU, exact make/model? When you upgraded your motherboard and CPU, did you reinstall Windows or are you using the same Windows install?