Pixel problem

b1naryMan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Hi,

I have recently install an ATI 6970 (msi lighting) on my Pc and I am facing a serious problem. I have notice that random pixels on the screen are loosing the real color. I see red, blue... squares in random place on the screen. The weird thing is that is not all the time. When I play game or watch video I haven't notice any problem. I am using the latest drivers from ATI. Is it any faulty to the hardware or is something to do with the drivers or the bios? I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks

b1naryMan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
Yes that is similar to my problem....Why this is happening now... On my previous vga ATI 5850 I didn't have any problem. Why on games and on videos I don't see any problem?

b1naryMan

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
I reinstall the drivers...but still random pixels (red,green,white,blue) appears on the screen. Using the dead pixal buddy I don't see any dead pixels.

Yeah, it's a common "issue" if you really want to call it that. Nothing is wrong, just some dead pixels. I wouldn't worry about them, I get 'em all the time, and they go away on their own.