4GB or 8GB

I bought a PC about a year ago. I got 4GB because I mainly play games. And did my reasarch at the time and realized the difference between 4 and 8 was not much. I am just wondering if that is still the case? Should I keep 4GB or go up to 8GB? I still mainly play games. No sure if you need it, but I have a i5 2500k and Nvidia 560ti.

I appologize if there is a recent thread on this, I only really found answers from over a year ago.

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. I don't think it'll make a difference at this point. In a couple of years it probably will. I think you should pick up another stick while the twin of your current one is still available.
  2. I have 2x2GB right now, so would just get 2x4GB if I went up. I have 2 open slots, but one is under my cooling fan for my processor, and there isn't enough room to put a stick in withough removing the fan, which I don't want to do.
  3. h0sti1e17 said:
    I bought a PC about a year ago. I got 4GB because I mainly play games. And did my reasarch at the time and realized the difference between 4 and 8 was not much. I am just wondering if that is still the case? Should I keep 4GB or go up to 8GB? I still mainly play games. No sure if you need it, but I have a i5 2500k and Nvidia 560ti.

I appologize if there is a recent thread on this, I only really found answers from over a year ago.

Thanks

Its much better experience, when u have 8GB or more. The system runs smooth even if u are doing more tasks at the same time.

The RAM is cheap, so why even think about that : )

Just make sure u have win x64 bit version.
  4. And with your set up, u would benefit for sure.
  5. BTW, can u post a pic of your CPU/RAM area?
  6. Pic like this to see your set up?

Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Games