Crysis 2 Stuttering & Ghosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrPSh

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I've been having some troubling issues with Crysis 2 for a while now, and I can't find anybody on the internet who has the same problem.
The weird thing is, it doesn't happen all the time. Sometimes I start it up, and the game is essentially unplayable, getting less than 20fps and doing some weird stuttering. I also notice ghosting on the gun when I swing around. Other times, the game runs absolutely smoothly, 30fps or greater, even at extreme graphics setting.

This issue affects both single and multiplayer. My graphics card temps are fine both ways. With Fraps or without Fraps, it doesn't seem to matter.
The stuttering also affects in-game videos, but not the menu.

This seems to be a problem only with Crysis 2, all other games I tried were fine. At one time, Mass Effect 2 showed a similar stutter, but it only happened one time, and no longer presents that problem.

What's going on here?

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I've been having issues with crysis 2 as well. My issue is not the same as yours, but I think we can safely assume that there is a simple fact: AMD drivers have not yet been optmized for crysis 2. I hope AMD gets their act together and fixes it. I wanna play it! I'm running crossfire AMD 6950s 2gb.

FrPSh

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Well what do you know - I installed the latest drivers for my 5770, and everything is fixed! I'm getting close to 50 fps on some multiplayer maps on "very high" settings. I must say I'm really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.