Can I connect two 4 pin connectors to GE Force GTX 295

I am trying to install two GE Force GTX 295 video cards. The power connectors I have are 1 4pin and 1 6pin...is that going to work and if so which sockets do I put the 4 pin and 6 pin in. I am getting 6 beeps in a row on startup. (failed video)
6 answers Last reply
More about connect connectors force
  1. No, that won't work, though you could fine a 4pin Molex to 6pin PCIE adapter, but if your PSU doesn't have 2 6pins, I wouldn't even run one GTX 295 on it, what is your current PSU?
  2. Basically it takes two four pins to make a six pin, and two six pins to make an eight pin. So theoretically you *could* power a GTX295 with six four pins. *However* in practice this is a VERY bad idea because power supplies requiring this much jerry-rigging would almost certainly lack a 12v rail(s) capable of supplying enough wattage or amperage. That's why realistically you don't want to use more than one four to six pin, or one six to eight pin converter on a video card even though more may technically work.
  3. It could work, if you know what you are doing. I've got the 6-pin from my PSU connected to my GTX 280, and I have 3 4-pin connectors, wired up to an 8-pin plug I pulled off my old, broken PSU, and it seems to work with no issues. Just make sure you know what you are wiring to what.
  4. c0oim4n said:
    It could work, if you know what you are doing. I've got the 6-pin from my PSU connected to my GTX 280, and I have 3 4-pin connectors, wired up to an 8-pin plug I pulled off my old, broken PSU, and it seems to work with no issues. Just make sure you know what you are wiring to what.


    Yeah... that would certainly qualify under the possible, but extremely not recommended category.
  5. frustratedmmm5 said:
    I am trying to install two GE Force GTX 295 video cards. The power connectors I have are 1 4pin and 1 6pin...is that going to work and if so which sockets do I put the 4 pin and 6 pin in. I am getting 6 beeps in a row on startup. (failed video)


    If you want to run 2 GTX295, you have to buy a psu with Four 6/8 pin pci-e power cables.
  6. Yargnit said:
    Yeah... that would certainly qualify under the possible, but extremely not recommended category.

    However not recommended it may be, it works flawlessly. I havn't had a single problem with it at all.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Connection Graphics