andrey64

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I just build my second gaming pc. Got myself a HAF 922 because its got good reviews and really nice airflow. Awesome case i gotta say. Put in another 200 cm side fan and get a little more air going inside. I was wondering with my next build if its worth going with the HAF X or another full tower because i wanna do a custom water loop. Any suggestions?

Solution
Nice rig :)

See, you don't need extreme. What you need is something that - as you put it - does the job.

I use this COOLER MASTER case for my i7-920 on an Asus Rampage III Gene. And btw, I use a Corsair 650TX myself.

P.S- Wait up for the upcoming Cooler Master Storm Trooper. Looks like it may be the answer to the pressing need for a cool XXXL high quality full tower at a decent price point.

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
You 'just' build your new PC, Andrey. By the time you come 'round to building your next, you'll prolly have more (better) choices :)

But as things stand now, it's hard to beat the HAF 942 or better still the Obsidian 800D, even though it is obscenely priced. If you can afford that, it's really the one to get.

So, btw, what all do you have in that HAF?

andrey64

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I went kinda of budget oriented on my haf 922. its my second build actually:

x4 955 BE (3.8ghz)
HAF 922
8 gb G. Skill
Corsair 650 w psu
Gigabyte Windforce 6870
1tb Western Digital
Corsair H60(push/pull)

not the most extreme case but definitely does the job on my samsung 23'' monitor at 1920x1080

calguyhunk

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Nice rig :)

See, you don't need extreme. What you need is something that - as you put it - does the job.

I use this COOLER MASTER case for my i7-920 on an Asus Rampage III Gene. And btw, I use a Corsair 650TX myself.

P.S- Wait up for the upcoming Cooler Master Storm Trooper. Looks like it may be the answer to the pressing need for a cool XXXL high quality full tower at a decent price point.

Solution