Your question

Cross firing 2 Radeon 5670's

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
April 25, 2011 3:11:52 AM

I've got 2 Radeon 5670's that I have hooked up in one PCIE 1 and one in PCIE 4. I've got the latest drivers for them on windows 7 64 bit ultimate and I have the crossfired option on in catalyst enabled. When I identify my GPU it pops up with the number 1 and thats it. If I have 2 cards cross fired wouldn't it pop up with a 1 and a 2? I also check my core temps in AMD overdrive and while i was in the program I looked up my GPU status's and it shows that one is operating at 42.5 C and one is there with the memory identified at 1000Mhz and the engine is running at 0 Mhz and theres no voltage or temp. This is making me think that the card isn't enabled. My 790FX msi Mobo is Xfired rdy and both of these cards are seated. Anyone have any ideas as to if I'm cross fired or not?

More about : cross firing radeon 5670

a c 214 U Graphics card
April 25, 2011 3:34:20 AM

Are the two cards linked with a crossfire bridge?

Don't use AMD OVerdrive at all.It has many glitches and issues and is never reliable.If you download HWMonitor you should be able to see your GPU's temps and volts.
Also if you see your cards running at really low speeds when idling their is nothing to worry about ATI/AMD has drivers built into the cards that act like the AMD Kool&Quiet software which downclocks and lowers voltages when it's not in a power state.
m
l
April 25, 2011 6:28:01 PM

if your talking about the two cables the hook on the golden fingers at the top graphics cards then yes i do. And I didn't know that. Thanks. maybe thats whats going on.ill try that program out.
m
l
Related resources
April 25, 2011 6:34:03 PM

Dl'ed HWmonitor and its showing all my temps and stuff but it shows only one Radeon 5670 so would that mean that it's not detecting the other card. wouldn't it show 2?
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
April 25, 2011 9:42:51 PM

That looks like whats the problem.It's not being detected.Have you downloaded the crossfire profile for your cards from ATI's website?
m
l
April 28, 2011 2:19:55 PM

Just the latest drivers for my card. What do you mean by profile?
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
April 28, 2011 10:06:56 PM

At the bottom of the drivers page their are Crossfire profiles at the bottom.Try downloading one of those and see if that does it.
m
l