• Nvidia
  • Games
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
April 25, 2011 4:58:26 AM

Hello,
what games can a 256MB Nvidia GeForce 8200M handle?

More about : games 256mb nvidia geforce 8200m handle

a b Î Nvidia
April 25, 2011 5:23:36 AM

Hello and welcome to the forums
8200M is a low-end card and not recommended for gaming,so you maybe able to run most games but don't expect a great performance
m
l
April 25, 2011 2:01:21 PM

You can start most games, just don't expect to have any playable framerates.
m
l
Related resources
April 25, 2011 9:03:42 PM

Flash/java games, i wouldnt recommend a game that uses shaders as the framerate will hit the floor, the 8200m is ideal for movies over games.
m
l
October 17, 2011 11:48:41 PM

Hi. I just purchased a laptop with one of these off CL as a stand in while I wait for my normal notebook to come back to me. It was a very decent price, so I got it.
Anyway, just because I am an enthusiast (I still have my Athlon 800 w/ Rage Fury card)... I like to stress test ALL of my comps. I installed CounterStrike and a few other games on it. I know that notebookcheck STILL uses counterstrike as a benchmark, so I feel comfortable using it as the same.

So I can run counterstrike in high settings (no 2xAA - No "Special" Effects) ONLY if there are 8 or so people on the server. If I play a server with 18 or more people, I drop the settings to pretty much medium to medium-low. I can play a few older games like Civilization 4 (low-graphics) and others on it. So can you game: YES. Anyone that says NO-Not at all, is wrong.

You can play most older games at low settings and have a fair amount of fun. But this is NOT a gaming GPU AT ALL!
m
l