Sign in with
Your question
Closed

G.Skill Ripjaws X 4gb. 1600mhz. in ASUS P8H67 M LX

Last response: in Memory
June 26, 2012 8:13:39 AM

Hello! :hello:  to the Tom's hardware Community.

Currently, i am in great trouble about my current Mother Board and its compatible RAM that I have. I was using a KINGSTON V RAM 4gb. DDR3 1333mhz. Recently I was looking for a single stick G Skill Ripjaws X 4gb. 1333mhz. But I couldn't find that here in India. so, guided by one of my friends I went for the G Skill Ripjaws X 4gb. 1600mhz. My questions are as follows,

1) what possible disadvantages / problems I may face, as the Mother board/CPU only support up to 1333mhz system memory? (I want to Know every possible issue. )

2) Is the Bios Setting OK.? (My current RAM Speed is 1333mhz. / @ 1.5V as I saw through bios after installing the RAM.)

3) I have a CM 212 EVO with push-Pull configuration. so, I found there is no place left to adjust another same kind of RAM in the other RAM slot. (as I want total 8gb. of RAM. ). Will I be able to use another RAM in future?

My current PC Configuration is as follow,

CM Elite 310 / ASUS P8H67 M LX (B3) / I5 2400 / CM 212 EVO (push-Pull) / G Skill Ripjaws X 4gb. 1600mhz. / 80gb SATA HDD. / CM xtreme power plus 550w. / HD 6570 1gb. DDR3.

Friends, please feel free to tell every single negative issues, as I am not much familiar about computer hardware.

Thank You :) 
Anonymous
a b } Memory
July 27, 2012 5:11:07 PM

The ASUS P8H67 M LX does not support 1600HMz. Only 1333HMz or lower. so you either upgrade your motherboard ( not recommended ) or you just buy new ones. I'd suggest dual channels 2x4gb 1333HMz DDR3
Use this program to see wich memory you can use on your pc. http://www.crucial.com/

Best solution

a b } Memory
July 27, 2012 6:21:28 PM

1) what possible disadvantages / problems I may face, as the Mother board/CPU only support up to 1333mhz system memory? (I want to Know every possible issue. )

The only disadvantage is that you're not operating the memory at the maximum speed it is rated at. As long as the new memory module has the same operating voltage as your original KINGSTON V RAM 4gb and is able to support the same memory timings you should be fine.

2) Is the Bios Setting OK.? (My current RAM Speed is 1333mhz. / @ 1.5V as I saw through bios after installing the RAM.)

The BIOS will use the common memory settings that it thinks will allow the system to boot. Since your system is able to boot up then it's working fine.

3) I have a CM 212 EVO with push-Pull configuration. so, I found there is no place left to adjust another same kind of RAM in the other RAM slot. (as I want total 8gb. of RAM. ). Will I be able to use another RAM in future?

You should use low profile memory modules that don't interfere with the CPU cooler. The cooling fins you see on some memory modules are completely unnecessary.

You should only be installing memory modules in pairs to maintain dual channel operation.
Related resources
July 28, 2012 6:45:28 AM

Thanks a lot friends!
The replies is truly help full. It seems my KINGSTON V RAM 4gb. DDR3 1333mhz. was quite OK for me, I just needed another same 4gb. module. right!

B.T.W.! though I know this blog is to discuss only about Motherboard & Memory but I have a GPU/PSU related question and don't want to create another Unnecessary thread so, please! forgive me friends.

1. I recently have sold my PSU- CM extreme power plus 550w to one of my friends, he wanted to use an HD 6670 or HD6770 (1gb. GDDR5) GPU. so, please tell me, whether the PSU is OK for both the GPUs (I know about it's unreliability & extra power requirement of HD6770)? Please specify me all the possible wrong things which may take place.

Thank You! very much
a b } Memory
July 28, 2012 8:25:12 PM

Arrow zzz said:
Thanks a lot friends!
The replies is truly help full. It seems my KINGSTON V RAM 4gb. DDR3 1333mhz. was quite OK for me, I just needed another same 4gb. module. right!

B.T.W.! though I know this blog is to discuss only about Motherboard & Memory but I have a GPU/PSU related question and don't want to create another Unnecessary thread so, please! forgive me friends.

1. I recently have sold my PSU- CM extreme power plus 550w to one of my friends, he wanted to use an HD 6670 or HD6770 (1gb. GDDR5) GPU. so, please tell me, whether the PSU is OK for both the GPUs (I know about it's unreliability & extra power requirement of HD6770)? Please specify me all the possible wrong things which may take place.

Thank You! very much

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6670 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 21 Amps or greater.

The Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 550W (RS-550-PCAR-E3), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is more than sufficient to power a system configuration with a Radeon HD 6770 or a Radeon HD 6670.
July 30, 2012 1:07:10 AM

Many Many Thanks to the Tom's Hardware community. My all current confusions are solved.
August 6, 2012 5:40:00 AM

Best answer selected by Arrow zzz.
a c 146 } Memory
August 6, 2012 5:16:30 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!