hello, I was playing a beta and was chatting with someone that pointed me here.. so here we go
My current non "gaming pc"
AMD athlon dual core 4450e 2 cpu's 2.3ghz
My budget is well low, but I'm willing to save and do not want to go past $1000. Even 1000 is a lot, i'd rather upgrade to get to that price.
What I want to play on this gaming pc isn't a lot, but T.E.R.A(Mmo), Star Wars: The old Republic, any type of steam game on high settings if possible, and eventually want to use this pc to help stream my PS3.
here is my newegg list.., I really really want to get less then the $1054 now.
SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black EIDE/ATAPI Model SH-S222A - OEM
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible
COOLER MASTER HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video ...
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX8GX3M2A1333C9
Intel Core i5-2500k
CORSAIR CAFA70 120mm Dual-Fan CPU Cooler
possibly a better sound card then my SB X-FI Xtreme Audio
Those are all decent choices but you can save some cash by changing a few things...
1. No need for a sound card, your motherboard's sound will work just as good.
2. Change the HAF 922 to a HAF 912 and get a couple fans, you will save about $30.00. Trust me, the HAF 912 is more than enough in terms of room and airflow.
3. go with the SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive instead, it is better than the Western Digital and it will save you $20.00
4. go with the EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card instead of the MSI, it is only $219.99 with mail in rebate, that saves $30.00 and is just as good.
If you need to accomodate and SSD worth $120 possible suggestion would be :
1. Drop the graphic card to Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB worth $270.Save $55.
2. Downgrade the power supply to Antec Neo ECO 620 worth $70. Save $30.(Ablity to add a second video card in future will be hampered)
3. Drop the case to Sentley Black worth $35. Save $25
That should save money enough to buy an SSD like Crucial M4 64GB worth $120
With the extra budget you can very well accommodate a Sound card as well
Hope that helps.
thank you for the great help guys .. gonna go from you nice list you made there z-4. I do have to add windows 7 onto the list..
since you're not sure how long the ram will last I may buy them in a week or 2 so i get before they're gone.