wireless upgrade on Panasonic Toughbook CF-29

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
June 29, 2005 12:07:46 AM

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I just can't wade through over
5000 posts to find it..

I need to know how (or even IF) I can upgrade the wireless b card in my
CF-29 to a wireless g card. There's no easy access to the card, which I
suspect could even be located inside the display casing (where the antennas
are located)

TIA

Please e-mail with response, as for some reason my newsgroups are not
working properly of late.

--
Illigitimus non tatum carborundum

(Don't let the bastards wear you down)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
June 29, 2005 12:07:47 AM

http://groups.google.com exists

> I need to know how (or even IF) I can upgrade the wireless b card in
> my CF-29 to a wireless g card. There's no easy access to the card,
> which I suspect could even be located inside the display casing
> (where the antennas are located)

If I remember right, the CF-29 uses a mPCI card. You should be able to
replace that card with a mPCI WLAN card of Your choice. But better check
with Panasonic first, they usually have a very good service for the
Toughbooks...

Benjamin
!