Closed Solved

URGENT! ASUS P8Z77-V LX and GTX 690?

WAS THIS A BAD CHOICE IN MOTHERBOARDS?? Does it have all the pins and connectors and everything that the Gtx 690 needs to run correctly and optimally/to it's full potential?

I have already payed for my build, it's been assembled, it's going through quality control and it's got the IVY BRIDGE 3770K cpu and a gtx690. I NEED to know the card runs fully 16x and pcie3.0 using the ASUS P8Z77-V LX.

Answers GREATLY needed and quickly; I MIGHT be able to cancel payment! This is urgent!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about urgent asus p8z77
  1. Yes it's all good. Just remember to buy a decent PSU
  2. Does this mobo support 5.1 and 7.1? This is INCREDIBLY important to me because I have a very very nice set of 5.1 computer speakers and a 7.1 tv system of EXCELLENT quality should I hook this up to my tv. Even though I will most likely connect digitally, and would have to for the tv, I always prefer to use analog with my 5.1 computer speaker system as I just always like the quality better. Does this mobo support analog 5.1?
  3. akxpckwb said:
    Yes it's all good. Just remember to buy a decent PSU

Is an 850 Watt W0319RU adequate; it's the one I've purchased.

Also, do you know anything about the onboard audio stuff? Like supporting anolog?

EDIT: I also really appreciate the quick responce, thank you.
  4. Best answer
    Yes that PSU will be more than enough. No idea about audio stuff tho maybe search online or wait for a more knowledgeable member to answer
  5. I went ahead and swapped out for the p8z77-v PRO. Compared to the LX it's just a much better card for what I'm looking for. It's sli compatible should I ever want to add on another gtx690 in 7 years... But more importantly it has 6 audio ports as opposed to to the disappointing 3 of the lx. Better still it has the upgraded audio codec. It seems the LX version is a poorly designed mobo, and I am more than happy to have stopped just before the shipping and pay the difference even if means waiting 2 extra weeks than to get a card I'd be unhappy with. 8 channel audio and 3 ports; it's inexplicable.

It is my opinion that the p8z77v lx is a poor mobo and it is my recommendation to not consider it when there are far superior options at around its price point.
  6. Best answer selected by jumex.
  7. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Gtx Asus Product