Graphics vbios flash with new processor?

mogmoogle

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I have a Question, I've never encountered this problem before,

Forgive me if my model numbers are off or something I am at work and cant check the component numbers but its not necessary for my question anyway.

I had a quad-core 9650, and I upgraded to a six-core thurban 3.2ghz, am3 anyway, my Video card a MSI Nvidia 450 GTS 1gddr 5, stopped working corretly since I changed the processor even with a format, it worked with the quad however and is only about 4 weeks old, is it possible the vbios may not be up to date and for some reason requires an update, I know you may have to flash your motherboards bios with a new processor, however I've never had to update vbios and wondered if the change from a quad to a 6 core processor might change things. with all these new cpu, on board memory controllers and what not I'm curious. However my old Nvidia 9600 GSO works completely fine.

Any Idea's on this?

mogmoogle

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Hello, ya I didn't think I would have to. MSI is telling me us their video card bios flashing utiliy to upgrade my video card's bios, I have tried all drivers ones from nvidia, ones MSI supplys and on their website and windows loads and I get "Critical video adapter failed" and has recovered a few times then my pc reboots the video card is fine in safe mode and worked fine before I installed the 6 core processor, after that. it just keeps doing that.