Help educate me about chipsets

UbiquitousThem

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I am in the process of replacing some suspect parts in my computer and the first one up is the motherboard. I am planning to keep my current processor and ram so I started looking at socket AM3 boards. I noticed a sizeable price range and reasoned some of it is do to the chipset used. I had payed no attention to them in the past so I deciede to try and get some understanding. I eventualy came a cross this article.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-motherboard-guide,2546-6.html

It is just the tipe of info I was looking for but it appears to be 2 years out of date. Is there an updated version or can someone fill in the newer chipsets? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
the 970 and 990FX chipsets are the newest from the AMD side, i would reccomend getting a mobo based on them, but if you plan to use mATX form factor, you going to have to use the 880G chipset, which is still an alright setup

nna2

Distinguished
the 970 and 990FX chipsets are the newest from the AMD side, i would reccomend getting a mobo based on them, but if you plan to use mATX form factor, you going to have to use the 880G chipset, which is still an alright setup

Solution

TRENDING THREADS