Need replacement Motherboard

dingo07

Distinguished
I currently have a MSI P35 Neo2 (MS-7345 ver 1.2) motherboard with a Core 2 Duo E8500 (Socket 775) processor and DDR2 800 memory. The board is giving me issues and I need to find a replacement that I can purchase here in USA.
I also have a Sapphire 1950XT video card to fit in.

What is a suitable replacement and where can I purchase it?

Thanks for advice!

Solution
That is really not a bad price for a P35 motherboard - especially for the replacement market.

Another alternative is a more modern G41 motherboard (around $50) that uses DDR3 RAM. Total investment with the new memory will be about the same.

Yet another alternative is a used board from eBay.

dingo07

Distinguished
Wow, that's pricey! I'm starting to think I should have family purchase one in Europe and send it to me - I could save a good $30 probably!

I guess I'll just start checking the top MB manufacturers, and see what's available...

Thanks!

That is really not a bad price for a P35 motherboard - especially for the replacement market.

Another alternative is a more modern G41 motherboard (around $50) that uses DDR3 RAM. Total investment with the new memory will be about the same.

Yet another alternative is a used board from eBay.

Solution

dingo07

Distinguished
Maybe I should just get a new heatsink for the processor and hope it lasts. The reason I think it's giving me issues sometimes is because of the heat sink. It's bending the board a heck of a lot. It might be worth it instead of spending the cash otherwise.

dingo07

Distinguished
I checked, the warranty was 3 years - 2 year parts and labor, 3rd year parts only.

I think I decided what I'll do - get a new heatsink that uses a bracket to screw into, instead of the push-in type plastic connector legs. That way I can adjust the tension.

like o1die said - new boards are hard to find

thanks for all responses