Joshatdot

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
I've had this PSU for .. almost 3 years. Do these volts look suspicious?

Antec EarthWatts EA-430D

psuvolts.png

Solution
The voltages are obviously incorrect but to tell if the issue is the mobo VRM or the BIOS voltage readouts, you'd need to actually test the voltages from the PSU connectors to see. It's unlikely that the PSU is providing the 6.85v outputs so I suspect a BIOS voltage monitoring issue but only testing with a volt meter, (DVM), will tell.

beenthere

Distinguished
The voltages are obviously incorrect but to tell if the issue is the mobo VRM or the BIOS voltage readouts, you'd need to actually test the voltages from the PSU connectors to see. It's unlikely that the PSU is providing the 6.85v outputs so I suspect a BIOS voltage monitoring issue but only testing with a volt meter, (DVM), will tell.

Solution
Good voltage. Speedfan (and other programs) frequently has problems with negative voltages.

Other pins:
Measure between the colored wires and either chassis ground or the black wires. Yellow wires should be 12 volts. Red wires: +5 volts, orange wires: +3.3 volts, blue wire : -12 volts, violet wire (standby power supply): 5 volts always on. The green wire should also have 5 volts on it. It should go to 0 volts when you press the case power button, then back to 5 volts when you release the case power switch. Tolerances are +/- 5% except for the -12 volts which is +/- 10%.

The gray wire is really important. It should go from 0 to +5 volts when you turn the PSU on with the case switch. CPU needs this signal to boot.

The newer PSU's no longer have a -5 volt output. If your main power cable has a white wire, that's the -5 volt line.