Help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth577777

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
i have a compaq laptop with windows 7. mobile intel(R) 4 series express chipset family. ok i don't know alot about this stuff. but i have one proccessor. intel(R) celeron(R) CPU 900 2.20GHz. i want to be able to play fallout new vegas with ultra settings and no lag what so ever. what kind of graphics card would i "NEED" to do this.

Solution
You should be able to get a better price here. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Dual_Core_Configurator/ The lowest priced parts are still good quality(better than dell) with a 5770 for the video card and you only need 4gb ram. With those specs it came out to $600.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

I don't know anything about Fallout New Vegas so I don't know what the requirements are, but since your computer is a laptop, I doubt that there is much you can do to improve your experience other than getting a more powerful computer or playing at lower settings.

---Max

Are you thinking you can upgrade a laptop graphics card? Your laptop does not have a graphics card and cannot have one. But you didn't state the model, I'm assuming it's a compaq presario with intel 4500m graphics because compaq only has budget laptops and none have graphics cards.

seth577777

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
no what i need to know to play RPG games like fallout new vegas and such with a DESKTOP like dell or and thing cheap like that can i upgrade it to suit my needs. cause i was looking at buying a dell at wally world for 4 hundred dollars but before i buy i need to know if i can upgrade it and what king of ugrade would i need to buy.

PRoblem with that route is the stock Dells at around $400 are going to have a puny powersupply that barely suffices for the parts it comes with so upgrading the video card is going to mean also upgrading the powersupply (so another $70 - $100) and at that point you're spending more on it than just getting the parts and building a decent system to begin with (If you can replace a PSU you can build a system !) and you wind up with much better parts in the end !

You can't put a laptop graphics card in a dekstop. What graphics card you get will be dependent on your resolution and also the rest of the specs of a system. If you get a cheap computer at walmart you will also need to buy a power supply raising the price even higher. So a $400 computer turns into a $600 computer.

This is why I said you can save money, find a used core 2duo desktop with a decent card. Half the price for the same performance. Post the link to whatever you find. If you don't want to save money and buy used, there are better places to get a computer at a lower price and more performance, new. What is your budget? Do you need a monitor? I doubt you will want to build it yourself, although it is as easy as plugging in stuff.

seth577777

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
oh don't worry about budget. I can get my sexy boy friend to buy it for me! oh sorry by the way don't mind the name this is his account im asking about this stuff becasue his birthday is coming up and i wanna get him a really decent desktop so he can play fallout new vegas and stuff like that. But i don't want to buy like an alien ware computer thats overkill. I got a person now trying to trade my laptop for his gaming desktop. i will ask him what kind of cards are already in it and you guys please tell me if it is good or not!

leonkennedy_7

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
the above config sounds good however make sure you get the one with core 2 duo processor also to play fallout new vegas you will need a good graphic card like gts 450 1gb ddr5 or ati radeon 5750 1gb..

happy gaming ........

You should be able to get a better price here. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Dual_Core_Configurator/ The lowest priced parts are still good quality(better than dell) with a 5770 for the video card and you only need 4gb ram. With those specs it came out to $600.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.