Sign in with
Your question

Blue screen in windows 7

Last response: in Memory
June 27, 2012 1:54:28 PM

HI
I have bought a new laptop "Dell, core i5, RAM 4GB, HD 640GB", which is sometimes shuts down automatically and shows a blue screen for a while and then restarts automatically. Though i have reinstalled my window 7 many times but it is not working. PLease help me in this regard that what is the problem, whether it is a Driver or Hardware or software problem?
These are information that i receive while it restarts due to this problem:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 93BA16BC
BCP3: C139B9E8
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\062712-16302-01.dmp
C:\Users\Monis\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36051-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0...

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

More about : blue screen windows

a b } Memory
a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2012 3:46:12 PM

I would run memtest overnight.
m
l
a c 85 } Memory
a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2012 3:57:50 PM

it it brand new take the battery out and power and flip the laptop over and see if both ram dimms are connected to the mb. sometime in shipping they can bounce lose.
m
l
Related resources
a c 347 } Memory
a b $ Windows 7
June 27, 2012 4:13:36 PM

There's no way to know what's the 'root' cause with a BCCode summary. Sure run Memtest and if you have any errors with 2~4 passes then you've got a bad stick.

My question is what are you doing consistently during the "sometimes.."??

I had '7E' BSODs which is typically a GPU driver but the real cause was hybrid sleep + Chrome.

The place to start is to run MSCONFIG, select Diagnostic mode and see if that solves the issues. IF that doesn't -- chances are a Hardware Issue. IF that does -- chances are you have a conflict issue.

Assuming 'Diagnostic mode' eliminates the problems then select 'Normal' and go to the 'Startup' tab and deselect ALL items.

- (Fixed) then one of the Startup items is the culprit
- (Failure) then select 'Normal' and go to the 'Services' [x] Microsoft and deselect ALL non-MS services items.
-- (Fixed) then one of the Services items is the culprit

MSCONFIG options:
m
l
June 29, 2012 4:33:57 AM

anonymous1 said:
I would run memtest overnight.

Thanks.
Is it a software? from where i can get it?
m
l
June 29, 2012 4:41:39 AM

jaquith said:
There's no way to know what's the 'root' cause with a BCCode summary. Sure run Memtest and if you have any errors with 2~4 passes then you've got a bad stick.

My question is what are you doing consistently during the "sometimes.."??

I had '7E' BSODs which is typically a GPU driver but the real cause was hybrid sleep + Chrome.

The place to start is to run MSCONFIG, select Diagnostic mode and see if that solves the issues. IF that doesn't -- chances are a Hardware Issue. IF that does -- chances are you have a conflict issue.

Assuming 'Diagnostic mode' eliminates the problems then select 'Normal' and go to the 'Startup' tab and deselect ALL items.

- (Fixed) then one of the Startup items is the culprit
- (Failure) then select 'Normal' and go to the 'Services' [x] Microsoft and deselect ALL non-MS services items.
-- (Fixed) then one of the Services items is the culprit

MSCONFIG options:
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/Jaquith/MSCONFIG-Windows-7.jpg

Thanks bro for your wonderful information and help.
To answer your question is that mostly i am browsing the internet while it happens. I'm sure that is not due to virus, because i have the most powerful anti-virus(Kaspersky) which i updated daily.

I have also tried msconfig, but unfortunately did show any result.

Thanks again.
m
l
June 29, 2012 4:47:21 AM

smorizio said:
it it brand new take the battery out and power and flip the laptop over and see if both ram dimms are connected to the mb. sometime in shipping they can bounce lose.

Thanks bro for your help. unfortunately, I am not so much familiar with laptop hardware and i am afraid if i would even destroy the laptop completely by doing so.
m
l
a c 347 } Memory
a b $ Windows 7
June 29, 2012 6:55:46 PM

monis said:
...mostly i am browsing the internet while it happens...

Not knowing which browser try Start / Accessories / System Tools / Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
m
l
!