CPU: AMD PH II X6 1090T
MOBO: Asus CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA 890FX
GPU: SAPPHIRE 100312-3SR HD6950 2G
RAM: 4Gx2 GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-650TX
HDD: WD Black 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
DVD: ASUS DRW-24B1ST
CPU fan: ZALMAN CNPS9500

Received all parts today and assembled. This is my first build ever.

What I have done so far: I completed ALL of the steps suggested steps before asking for help here. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

What is happening: I turn on my PSU and I get lights on my MOBO. I then hit the POWER button on the Case and I get a very, very brief flash on the Power LED. Concurrently I also get maybe half a turn of the fans on the GPU. The nothing.

There are no beeps.

Help. I've been at this for 4 hours and I'm feeling... bad. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about lights fans boot
  1. I have now removed the GPU and disconnect all connections except for the CPU and HSF and .... holy shnickey... it just booted after I disconnected all of the fans and the HDD. I have HSF!
  2. Plugged the speaker in and One long beep followed by three small beeps.... pause... then one more beep. I am getting somewhere!!!!
  3. SOLVED:

I had to disconnect everything and reconnect one at a time. Finally narrowed it down the the case fans. I believe it was a faulty connector because I did a work-around and now everything is working. I'm typing on it as we .. .type!

WHEW! Up until 2:00 am last night trying to get this dog configured. Still lots to do. But hey, my first ever build is running! Still need to swap the HSF from the OEM, but that can wait.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems