Corsair Vengeance vs Corsair XMS3

I was wondering should I go for the XMS3 or the Vengeance. Both have a latency of 9-9-9-24.

My system is a Sandy Bridge-E 3930k + Asus p9x79 pro.

Does the vengeance have something perf wise or is it the same as the xms3 with the extra $ for the heatsink?
5 answers Last reply
More about corsair vengeance corsair xms3
  1. First, go with whichever is 1.5 volt memory. If they are both 1.5 v, go with whichever is least expensive.
  2. I use the XMS3 I got it because it was cheaper than the Vengeance.
  3. high memory bandwidth dont mean faster so ill recommend the cheaper one
    since SB-E have quad memory channel so SB-E will give much more memory bandwidth than you need just make sure to buy 4x4GB to work on quad channel mode
  4. Right. Specs wise the vengeance and xms3 are exactly the same actually. Not sure what's the extra $ for.

The specified voltage for the one I am buying is 1.5V.

-- Model Brand
    CORSAIR
    -- Series
    XMS
    -- Model
    CMX4GX3M1A1600C9
    -- Type
    240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
    ----- Tech Spec
    -- Capacity
    4GB
    -- Speed
    DDR3 1600
    -- Cas Latency
    -- Timing
    9-9-9-24
    -- Voltage
    1.65V
    -- Buffered/Registered
    Unbuffered
    -- Heat Spreader
    Yes
    -- Features
    4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 for AMD and Intel Dual and Triple processors. Operates in Single Channel mode when installed individually.

Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) support
    XMS Heat Spreader
    -----Manufacturer Warranty
    --Parts
    10 Years Warranty
    --Labor
    10 Years Warranty

The model no(A1) suggests that it is made and tested for a dual/triple channel system. I am buying 4 sticks of this RAM. Will ask the seller to give me 4 sticks from the same manufacturing batch. Hopefully it will work in quad channel.
  5. since 2009 all DDR3 RAM work on all DDR3 motherboards and what ever you buy it will work on quad channel mode.
    yes, ask the seller to give you 4 sticks from the same manufacturing batch.
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair Latency Sandy Bridge Memory