Asus P5n-t Deluxe will not post.

wolfridr

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
The other night I shut my computer down just fine. When I tried to turn it on the next morning, it would not post. No beeps, nothing. However, the hd runs and all the lights come on. Just no post beeps. Tried resetting the cmos, (and removing the cmos battery, etc) different memory, different processor. and different video card, and yet no post codes at all. Could this be my bios chip has gone bad? Is this the next step to troubleshoot it as I LOVE this board. If your bios chip goes bad, will it at least turn on the monitor and display the first part of the post and bios message? Any ideas? If there are no post code errors, what does that point to??

Thanks,

Kris/Wolf.

Setanta

Distinguished
May 7, 2004
I got this problem just a couple of days ago with this board. I run a Q6600 in her. I had left my PC on all day - that's one difference I suppose. But, as with you, the lights come on and all the fans go on and the hard drives spin up.

I checked my monitor and removed everything from the board - including the RAM, and there were no beeps. So it's basically either the motherboard or the CPU, and I suspect the mobo.

It was a good board, but I guess our particular models had a pretty short lifespan.

Buy another or get another LGA 775 board.

Good luck.