please help - photo slide show software packages

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 12, 2005 9:06:16 PM

Hello,

I would like to create a photo slide show using my high resolution
digital pictures for playback on my computer. I would like to be able
to control the amount of time spent on each slide individually -- so
that I can synch the photo transitions with the music. Ideally, I
would be able to work with the music tracks to trim them, overlay them,
and fade in/out.

Does anyone know which software packages allow you full control of the
music/photo alignment, and give you high resolution pictures?

I have been using Windows Movie Maker -- I love the timeline view.
It's perfect for synch'ing the music and photos, but the final
resolution when played back on my computer is disappointing. I know
this is because it's designed primarily to work with video.

I have a trial version of ProShow Gold. It looks promising, however I
really miss the timeline view of Movie Maker. I'm not sure I will get
used to the "reocrd slide timing" feature for synch'ing the music and
photos.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you!
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 1:52:13 AM

Not sure if this would fit the bill, but how about Microsoft Power Point?
Bear in mind that you don't need much resolution to fill up a computer
screen.

"agirl" <betsy_hammond@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I would like to create a photo slide show using my high resolution
> digital pictures for playback on my computer. I would like to be able
> to control the amount of time spent on each slide individually -- so
> that I can synch the photo transitions with the music. Ideally, I
> would be able to work with the music tracks to trim them, overlay them,
> and fade in/out.
>
> Does anyone know which software packages allow you full control of the
> music/photo alignment, and give you high resolution pictures?
>
> I have been using Windows Movie Maker -- I love the timeline view.
> It's perfect for synch'ing the music and photos, but the final
> resolution when played back on my computer is disappointing. I know
> this is because it's designed primarily to work with video.
>
> I have a trial version of ProShow Gold. It looks promising, however I
> really miss the timeline view of Movie Maker. I'm not sure I will get
> used to the "reocrd slide timing" feature for synch'ing the music and
> photos.
>
> I would be very grateful for any suggestions.
>
> Thank you!

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 1:09:46 PM

"agirl" <betsy_hammond@comcast.net> wrote in news:1110679576.465061.218180
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> I would like to create a photo slide show using my high resolution
> digital pictures for playback on my computer. I would like to be able
> to control the amount of time spent on each slide individually -- so
> that I can synch the photo transitions with the music

You can do this with MyAlbum, which is freeware. You can even combine
separate music files to single photos.
It doesn't have a timeline though.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/myalbum/

--
Onno Voors
March 14, 2005 4:01:35 AM

Why not get Photo2DVD a try? It has a nice photo slideshow function
build in with music. A trial is available from their website -
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com
!