What is the recommended motherboard for the Intel 3770k processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2012
All I want is the cheapest motherboard that supports ALL the following.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Intel® 64
Idle States
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology
Thermal Monitoring Technologies
Execute Disable Bit

Intel® Quick Sync Video
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology
Intel® Flexible Display Interface (Intel® FDI)
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology

(I'm not sure if some of these features will be there regardless of the motherboard purchased so feel free to correct me) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured that if I bought this processor I might as well buy a motherboard that lets me use all the features that this processor has on it.

I would like to have a recommendation on the cheapest Intel motherboard and a few on other band motherboards.

Thank you for helping me out!!!
:pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

Jun 27, 2012

I would like a motherboard that would also be able to support crossfire 7970's both running on PCI express 3.0 (Gives them 10% performance boost)

Jun 27, 2012
What about this one? You know, u are getting pretty good CPU, but only less than average mobo. Why is that? Mobo is more important than u think.

This one will let u OC much easier and it will stay stable even in higher overclock, while that Biostar will not be able to take the heat.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157298

asrock_z77fatal1ty_0.jpg

At the same price level, its the same.

If u think that u will get anything better from anyone else @ $130, than u are mistaking.

I prefer ASUS, but not any of those bellow Z77 - V.

For that is a better deal to go with ASRock.

ASUS priced those too high. IMHO

Gigabyte makes solid mobos as well. But ASRock rocks at the budget models.

Jun 27, 2012

Well this is going to be my first 100% custom built computer and I'm open to suggestions but I have been looking at this new motherboard since I looked at the reviews of my previously selected motherboard (most of them pretty bad.) So I would like to hear about what you think of this motherboard.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130647

In my opinion it looks great (that dark blue looks fantastic,) it's cheap $104.99 ($89.99 after mail in rebate,) has 2 PCI 3.0 slots because it gives a 10% performance boost to 7970 graphic cards so I plan on buying one card now and buying another one later [when they get cheaper and/or my games can't be played with high frame rates (40fps or lower on high settings)]

Do you think this would be a good quality motherboard for the price and features it has on it?

Jun 27, 2012

Well I'm liking it and I would like to know about the raid options it features (if you know) how does raid 0, 1, 5, 10 work?I'm planning on using it on 2 60GB SSD cards and I would like to know what would be the best to use.

SSD to raid?

I wouldn't. In fact, instead of two 60GB ssd's in a RAID0 array,

I recommend a single 120GB ssd.

If you just want bragging rights, to experiment, or to perform some sort of complicated task that could make use of ssd's in a RAID array, then go for it.

Otherwise a RAID array is not necessary on SSD.

Jun 27, 2012

Don't you recieve 1GB reads and about 800MB writes doesn't that boost start up and other applications? Or do the read and writes remain the same as if you only used 1?

Great benchmarks : )

But there is no TRIM support in RAID.

RAID0 SSDs (Especially with 60GB models) will offer no appreciable increase in speed,

will introduce an additional point of failure and will lose the ability to TRIM.

Just get a single 120GB drive.

Remember that SSDs internally are a RAID0 of flash chips with 60 GB drives having 1/2 as many chips in cases.

It is the same basic type of RAID that Intel introduced with it's Intel Matrix Storage and now calls Rapid Storage Technology.

It relies on software drivers for full functionality.

You will not find a true "hardware" RAID controller on a consumer grade desktop motherboard. RAID 0 is a misnomer as there is no redundancy and actually increases the risk of data loss.

Jun 27, 2012

Ok thanks for the advice and quick reponces I'll settle for the 120gb ssd.

Status
Not open for further replies.