ram280

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
hello

I have a pc with motherboard elitegroup 945GCT-M/1333
have installed windows xp and I want to install Windows 7
I would like to give me a web link where you can download the drivers compatible with windows 7 and tell me where should I download.
I need the driver Blast Card Realtek RTL8139/810x Integrated Network Family Fast Ethernet NIC compatible with my motherboard and windows 7.

As long as the bit count is the same, the same drivers can be used for both.

Like if it is XP 32 bit and Windows 7 32 bit then it works, or XP 64 and Windows 7 64 bit.

If you want XP 32 and Windows 7 x64 then you will need to get drivers for your stuff off the websites of the companies that make the parts.

The realtek network card driver could probably be gotten off realtek's website, for instance.

As long as the bit count is the same, the same drivers can be used for both.

Like if it is XP 32 bit and Windows 7 32 bit then it works, or XP 64 and Windows 7 64 bit.

If you want XP 32 and Windows 7 x64 then you will need to get drivers for your stuff off the websites of the companies that make the parts.

The realtek network card driver could probably be gotten off realtek's website, for instance.

This is not true, while some XP drivers do work on Windows 7 most don't. However Windows 7 is very good at installing the correct drivers. The problem drivers are the video card which you should get from the makers web site, Audio drivers dito, network drivers dito wireless drivers and printer/scanner drivers if available.

To check which drivers you may need and problems you may face, download the System update readiness tool from Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

OK, I will admit that it isn't always true, however saying it won't work most of the time is probably a stretch.

Microsoft laid out the methodology for installers to be able to figure out what the OS type is and the installer will target files specifically for that OS, ignoring the rest.

Many if not most major hardware manufacturers are already up to speed on that by now, so a single installer can and usually does work for different OSs and different architectures (32 vs 64 bit).

The one for my network card, for instance, does XP, Vista, and 7 both 32 and 64 bit all with the same 32 bit installer.

In any event, the manufacturer's website would be the place to look for anything that didn't work as I mentioned before.

Though the readiness tool would be able to easily point out where the problems might occur ahead of time.

ram280

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
and run the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 and tells me
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC before installing Windows 7, visit the website of the manufacturer to download the latest driver, but not if I have to download from the Realtek web site or from the elitegroup

if microsott tool tells me I need to download the latest driver for this device, then do not think it serves the same windos xp driver

Where do you download the driver from the realtek website or from the Web elitegroup?