Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ATI Quad Crossfire X

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 26, 2011 1:41:10 PM

I'm running 2 sapphire 2GB ATI Radeon HD4850x2s and I notice fps drops and graphic pauses while gaming I know this is due to low pcie voltages running to the cards my question is what would be a safe overvolt to my NB-PCIE and NB-PCIE I/O? I have 2 power supplies running my pc so I have the juice to overvolt but I don't wanna fry my board or my cards. Any suggestions? Here is my build... MSI 790fx chipset GD70 MOBO/ AMD PhenomIIx4 965 B.E. 125 watt Deneb quad core CPU OC'ed 4.0 GHZ 2x2GB Ocz AMD B.E. DDR3 1600 ram{8-8-8-24}/ Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 32mb cache 1TB HDD/ 2 Sapphire ATI Radeon 2GB HD4850X2s/LG Super Multi Blu-ray drive Rocketfish 900/1000 watt Nvidia SLI certified 80 plus PSU and an Apevia 600 watt PSU bridged

More about : ati quad crossfire

April 26, 2011 1:44:58 PM

Its got nothing to do with voltages.The drivers are not well-optimized for handling relatively old cards in quad-crossfire. There's nothing you can do much.

However it might also be an issue of the clock speeds deceasing in-game and causing the stuttering.
m
l
April 26, 2011 2:18:06 PM

Tamz_msc said:
Its got nothing to do with voltages.The drivers are not well-optimized for handling relatively old cards in quad-crossfire. There's nothing you can do much.

However it might also be an issue of the clock speeds deceasing in-game and causing the stuttering.

well it has to be the voltages or the clocks because i've read many forums on these cards in quad crossfirex and the benchmarks are outstanding these cards but like you said they are 2 yrs old which is considered ancient in pc terms, these cards are APP{accelerated parallel processing}AMD Fusion supported all the way up to Catalyst 11.3 but I am currently running the 10.9 due to the optimiztions in the drivers for the HD4850x2 and HD 4870x2. My average FPS in Crysis is 50-70 FPS but every once in a while there is a graphic lag but I was told with quad crossfire setups to help stabalize your dual gpu cards to overvolt your nb pcie and nb pcie i/o but like you said the clocks might be an issue too my clocks are the following 700 GPU clock/1050 {2100 ddr} memory clock x4 @16x
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2011 2:20:19 PM

What kind of lag do you experience?Is is a continuous lag (below 30 FPS) for some seconds or does the FPS nearly come to a standstill?
m
l
April 26, 2011 2:43:53 PM

Tamz_msc said:
What kind of lag do you experience?Is is a continuous lag (below 30 FPS) for some seconds or does the FPS nearly come to a standstill?

It's been a little of both lately it used to not do it at all when i had my nb pcie voltage at 1.3 and my nb pcie i/o voltage at 1.9 but one of these voltages fried my top slot that the first gpu was in, thank god it didn't fry my card or my other slots. I moved my primary graphics card to the second PCIe x16 slot and my secondary graphics card to the third PCIe x16 slot I checked GPUZ and all of my GPUs are still running at 16x and it's only the crysis games I notice the lags and stand stills my other games still run fine for instance I still average 200 fps in WOW and get frame spikes of 600 or more frames per second
m
l

Best solution

April 27, 2011 7:19:32 AM

That's called microstutter and its common in Crysis with older AMD cards in Crossfire.
April 27, 2011 10:54:22 AM

Well thats gotta be it then, I did slow my memory timings down and it seemed to help alot I went from using 1T timings to 2T so it may of been a memory issue giving me all this grief all along, I don't know why, I have always had my settings set to 1T but then again I had done some recent overclocking. Thanks
m
l
June 22, 2011 3:18:20 AM

Best answer selected by x86overclock.
m
l
!