Replacing Molex Fan Connectors

olego

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hello all!

I recently purchased an Antec 902, and I have one major [remaining] complaint about it: it's got Molex connectors for the 4 default fans, and they are rather annoying to manage. The cables are short; the Molex connectors are wide; and when I try to stick them in the back of the case, sometimes they turn sideways and make it hard to shut the side panel.

So I want to make my own connectors. In addition, I want to buy/make a narrow 4-way splitter. I'll secure the splitter to the back of the case, plug all four fans into the splitter, and have a splitter plug into the power supply. That's the plan.

The problem is that I can't seem to find any 4-way splitters. Any ideas of where to get a 4-way splitter, with 4 corresponding 2-wire connectors? A coaxial splitter would probably be even better--but the only ones I can find are for cable television, and are not meant to be used as 15W 5V power dividers...

olego

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Thanks! I never knew about terminal blocks and quick connectors, so this is something I'm going to consider. I think I can pull this off--except that I don't like double-sided tape, so I may have to come up with a better way of attaching the terminal block to the side. :)

TRENDING THREADS