Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard Not Working After BIOS Update

Last response: in Motherboards
June 28, 2012 3:43:14 AM

Hello,
I recently updated my BIOS on my Asus P8H67-V and it will no longer boot. All of my parts are working correctly but I would like to know how to fix the issue or if I have to now purchase a new Mobo.
a b V Motherboard
June 28, 2012 4:16:59 AM

No, unless you can source a new bios chip, I presume you have cleared your CMOS?

May I suggest your next board have a dual BIOS so you can't screw it up..
m
l
June 28, 2012 6:33:05 AM

teh_gerbil said:
No, unless you can source a new bios chip, I presume you have cleared your CMOS?

May I suggest your next board have a dual BIOS so you can't screw it up..

Yes I cleared my CMOS and nothing happened. I've updated my BIOS before I don't know why this time it was different and did not work. Is it even worth updating a motherboard's BIOS?
m
l
Related resources
a c 116 Ĉ ASUS
a c 462 V Motherboard
June 28, 2012 6:42:44 AM

are any of the fault led on?? if the ram led on have you tired using the ram ok button?? are all the fans spining in the case?? if they are do you see the mb trying to read the cd-rom from a cold boot?? and do you hear any cmos beeps?? if it a bad flash if the mb still working a little bit asus or most mb have a flash recovery built into them.. putting the last know good flash bios on a usb stick or the mb cd in the cd drive will sometime get the mb to reflash itself. have you also tried pulling your gpu out and seeing if the mb will post from at lest the onboard video port??
m
l
June 28, 2012 6:49:22 AM

smorizio said:
are any of the fault led on?? if the ram led on have you tired using the ram ok button?? are all the fans spining in the case?? if they are do you see the mb trying to read the cd-rom from a cold boot?? and do you hear any cmos beeps?? if it a bad flash if the mb still working a little bit asus or most mb have a flash recovery built into them.. putting the last know good flash bios on a usb stick or the mb cd in the cd drive will sometime get the mb to reflash itself. have you also tried pulling your gpu out and seeing if the mb will post from at lest the onboard video port??

I have tried to use a USB and a CDROM with the latest BIOS I did not try the last working BIOS. Also I'm pretty sure I don't have a mobo speaker. But all parts work except the Mobo won't boot into the BIOS. I did try the RAM OK that works it restarts it after checking and then resumes to not load the BIOS. I do not have a GPU I use the built in graphics on my Intel Core i5 2400.
m
l
June 28, 2012 8:25:28 AM

Well I turned on the computer with the disc in/ flash drive in with the BIOS file on them with 8 letter names and nothing happened.
m
l
!