Hey everyone, this is going to be my first home build and I could really use some suggestions as to what you all recommend I get in terms of... well everything haha
Here's what I'll primarily be using my desktop for:
1. Programming/coding/etc. (Most important)
2. Watching HD videos/ Stream HD videos (Also very important)
3. Mid-level gaming capabilities, not a gaming machine (not so important)
Here's what I'd like:
1. It to be fast, I'd really like a machine that can run a lot of calculations quickly (No Overclocking though)
2. Have nice graphics
3. An Intel CPU preferably i5 or i7 unless you think I could do without one that high end
4. Minimum 8 gigs RAM
5. It to be small in size, case-wise (maybe a mini ATX?)
6. Two DVD burners
7. Somewhere in the price range of $800-$1000 preferably more to the $800 side
If you could give suggestions as to what CPU, GPUs, RAM, PSU, cases, hard drives, and all that you recommend for this type of machine or what you've used that you really like it would help me out SO MUCH because I'm kinda lost myself.
ALSO: What do you all recommend in terms of buying extra fans? Are they neccesary? What size would I need?
Leaves you money to get Win7 if needed and you can of course dump more money to the video card if you want to.
Not sure how much kick you actually wanted but 6950 will work fine instead and for $250 ( so $100 more to the suggested one ) after rebates you can max out 1920x1080 games.
The 6850 I listed is a good start.