Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Please help me choose a most suitable Graphic Card on below options..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 26, 2011 7:19:57 PM

hey guys, my graphic just got burnt :(  and now i m looking for a new 1... please help me select the below most suitable for me... thanks ya :love:  :love: 

Not a hardcore gamer, but played like 2 hours a day and weekend mayb longer... :ange: 

normally on online FPS, mission against terror, fews online MMORPG, all are chinese games....but graphic like WOW.....and sometime DOTA.... ( now hoping to play Star Craft 2 , Left 4 dead 2 )

for me a resolution at 1400 x 900 is enough... :sol:  :sol: 

my old ancient rig spec :

Windows XP, (( planing to upgrade to Win7 someday ))
motherboard : Asus M2A-VM
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.8ghz
Ram : 2 GB DDR2 667mhz
HDD :WD 160GB SATA
GC : GiGabyte 8600GT 512MB DDR3 128Bit (( burnt :sweat:  :sweat:  :fou:  :fou:  :(  :(  ))
Edvan 500PSU
DVDRW : LG DVD RW
Display : LG W1942 T , 19' LCD


Please note...
I m not gonna overclock, ever, not planing too, and dont know how to...... and my budget is not over RM280 in malaysia currency..... US $ 1 = RM3
I wont spent much in future upgrade untill the card life end...


so now this all my options, among these, hope u experts choose for me... please explain the reason of ur selection... based on above criteria...

below , thr r only 1 card in each top spec, example, only 1 with DDR5, only 1 with 256Bit, only 1 has highest clock, so how its goes ??? :pt1cable:  any idea ?? :lol:  thanks for ur time spending here..

ATI
1) HIS HD 4670 -ICE Q 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 320 Stream Processor, clock 750mhz/1000mhz price : RM215 ( 2 years warranty)
2) HIS HD 5670 -ICE Q 1GB DDR5, 128Bit, 400 Stream Processor, clock 775mhz/4000mhz price : RM270 ( 2 years warranty)
3) PowerColor HD4670 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 320 Stream Processor, clock 750mhz/1746mhz price : RM250 ( 2 years warranty)
4) Sapphire HD5570 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 400 Stream Processor, clock 650mhz/1600mhz price : RM215 ( 2 years warranty)
5) Sapphire HD5670 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 400 Stream Processor, clock 775mhz/1600mhz price : RM250 ( 2 years warranty)
6) GiGabyte HD5570oc 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 400 Stream Processor, clock 670mhz/1600mhz price : RM259 ( 3 years warranty)
7) GiGabyte HD5670 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 400 Stream Processor, clock 775mhz/1600mhz price: RM279 ( 3 years warranty)

Nvidia
8) EVGA GT430SC 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 96 Stream Processor, clock 735mhz/1800mhz price : RM255 ( 2 years warranty)
9) Galaxy Gt440 512MB DDR5, 128Bit, 96 Stream Processor, clock 810mhz/3200mhz price : RM260 ( 2 years warranty)
10) Galaxy GT430 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 96Stream Processor, clock 700mhz/1600mhz price : RM235 ( 2 years warranty)
11) GiGabyte GT430 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 96 Stream Processor, clock 730mhz/1800mhz price : RM269 ( 3 years warranty)
12) Leadtek WF GT440 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 96 Stream Processor, clock 810mhz/1066mhz price: RM250 ( 2 years warranty)
12) Asus GT430 1GB DDR3, 256Bit, 128 Stream Processor, clock 675mhz/2000mhz price: RM279 ( 3 years warranty)



a thousand times of thanks who every1 who contribute idea here... :love: 
a c 130 U Graphics card
April 26, 2011 8:24:15 PM

Hi,

The best card there is Number 2 and the other one i would look at but only if you wanted to keep the price down would be Number 1.
The 4670 will be a little better than your old card and the 5670 noticeably better.

I feel that its probably best to stick with the 4670 given the rest of your specs i think its a better match.
Here is a 5670 review. You will see that the 4670 isnt that far behind it. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_5670_I...

So really its up to you to see if its worth the difference to you.

Just so you know the clocks you have posted are a bit misleading. Memory works on a different multiplier depending on which memory it is. DDR stands for Double Data Rate and GDDR 3 is just that X 2. GDDR 5 is actually more or less X 4 thats why the DDR 5 clocks look so much more impressive.

Mactronix :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 26, 2011 8:30:01 PM

You didn't have to use all those smileys you know... :p 

Back on topic. From those options it looks like the Gigabyte HD 5670 is the best deal, since it has 3 years warranty and it's also the fastest card.
Now, i wouldn't trust that PSU too much, but it probably won't cause problems with the HD 5670.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 27, 2011 3:12:48 AM

mactronix said:
Hi,

The best card there is Number 2 and the other one i would look at but only if you wanted to keep the price down would be Number 1.
The 4670 will be a little better than your old card and the 5670 noticeably better.

I feel that its probably best to stick with the 4670 given the rest of your specs i think its a better match.
Here is a 5670 review. You will see that the 4670 isnt that far behind it. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/Radeon_HD_5670_I...

So really its up to you to see if its worth the difference to you.

Just so you know the clocks you have posted are a bit misleading. Memory works on a different multiplier depending on which memory it is. DDR stands for Double Data Rate and GDDR 3 is just that X 2. GDDR 5 is actually more or less X 4 thats why the DDR 5 clocks look so much more impressive.

Mactronix :) 


heya....Mactronix, thanks for reply.. :) 

so, do DDR5 512mb be way more faster then DDR3 1GB ??
any nvidia card u suggested ?

thanks
m
0
l
April 27, 2011 3:15:00 AM

unknown_13 said:
You didn't have to use all those smileys you know... :p 

Back on topic. From those options it looks like the Gigabyte HD 5670 is the best deal, since it has 3 years warranty and it's also the fastest card.
Now, i wouldn't trust that PSU too much, but it probably won't cause problems with the HD 5670.



hey unknow_13.... :sol: 

yeah....i m considering the warranty issue too...cuz i m not always spending money upgrading pc hardware...always wait till their time ends.... thanks for your idea, btw any nvidia card thr will be ur choices ?

thanks again
m
0
l
April 27, 2011 8:02:35 AM

anybody else got suggestion for me?????

thanks ya..
m
0
l
April 27, 2011 8:46:00 AM

Hello Zeknin,

I agree.. Gigabyte HD 5670 will be the ideal one

Cheers!
SAM
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
April 27, 2011 8:46:35 AM

Specifically with Nvidia in mind then the GT 440 is a similar card to the 5670, some it wins some it looses. Reviews rate the 5670 from 10-16% better across all resolutions but at your resolution there is not much in it, teh 5670 just edges it for me. The thing is, and i know a budget is a budget but reviews i have read say that a GTs 450 is way better and not that much more money. Of course thats going to be playing alongside better ATI cards, specifically the HD 5750.

So to recap,
The 5670 is the best card there and would be in my opinion the best buy in your list, however as i said the 4670 isn't that far behind and the saving is one that makes it worth considering. The GT 440 would be worth getting if you really want Nvidia but don't expect it to be doing any PhysX as its to weak of a card to do so on its own. The rest of the Nvidia cards i would not bother with as they are noticeably worse than the three cards i have picked out.

You also asked this "so, do DDR5 512mb be way more faster then DDR3 1GB ??" The memory has little to do with the speed of the card, thats down to the chip. An example would be if you had a GT430 with GDDR5 on it and a 5670 with GDDR3, The 5670 is still a faster GPU than the 430. Faster memory is better and desirable but its not the main factor to how fast a card is.

Mactronix :) 
m
0
l
April 27, 2011 10:13:33 AM

thanks sam.... :)  got selection in mind now ;) 


thanks Mactronix....very clear about it now.... ;) 

so lets conclude and decide... these 2...which 1 would be the best...

HIS HD 5670 -ICE Q 1GB DDR5, 128Bit, 400 Stream Processor, clock 775mhz/4000mhz price : RM270 ( 2 years warranty)

or

GiGabyte HD5670 1GB DDR3, 128Bit, 400 Stream Processor, clock 775mhz/1600mhz price: RM279 ( 3 years warranty)


m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2011 11:50:24 AM

mactronix said:
Specifically with Nvidia in mind then the GT 440 is a similar card to the 5670, some it wins some it looses. Reviews rate the 5670 from 10-16% better across all resolutions but at your resolution there is not much in it, teh 5670 just edges it for me. The thing is, and i know a budget is a budget but reviews i have read say that a GTs 450 is way better and not that much more money. Of course thats going to be playing alongside better ATI cards, specifically the HD 5750.

So to recap,
The 5670 is the best card there and would be in my opinion the best buy in your list, however as i said the 4670 isn't that far behind and the saving is one that makes it worth considering. The GT 440 would be worth getting if you really want Nvidia but don't expect it to be doing any PhysX as its to weak of a card to do so on its own. The rest of the Nvidia cards i would not bother with as they are noticeably worse than the three cards i have picked out.

You also asked this "so, do DDR5 512mb be way more faster then DDR3 1GB ??" The memory has little to do with the speed of the card, thats down to the chip. An example would be if you had a GT430 with GDDR5 on it and a 5670 with GDDR3, The 5670 is still a faster GPU than the 430. Faster memory is better and desirable but its not the main factor to how fast a card is.

Mactronix :) 


I wouldn't put an GTS450 on that PSU + the CPU is going to lag behind. Though i agree that the GTS450 is a better choice than those cards.

@ OP sorry for the confusion, i thought that the Gigabyte HD 5670 is GDDR5 too. With that in mind, i'd take the HIS HD 5670 GDDR5.
m
0
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
April 27, 2011 4:44:07 PM

Defiantly the His card, I have owned a few ICE Q cards now and i have loved them, very stable never missed a beat and the cooler is top draw, GDDR 5, cant see a down side. Sure the Gigabyte has a 3 year warranty but to be honest if you don't want to upgrade again by 2 years time i will be surprised.

Mactronix :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2011 6:37:48 PM

mactronix said:
Defiantly the His card, I have owned a few ICE Q cards now and i have loved them, very stable never missed a beat and the cooler is top draw, GDDR 5, cant see a down side. Sure the Gigabyte has a 3 year warranty but to be honest if you don't want to upgrade again by 2 years time i will be surprised.

Mactronix :) 


Of course we want to upgrade, but we don't have the money :(  :) 
m
0
l
April 28, 2011 3:10:40 AM

hahah.... muck thanks...i wont upgrade...until it wont last...

mayb i will get somemore stick of RAM... and HIS HD 5670

thanks again...c u guys next time
m
0
l
!