Sign in with
Your question

Which case do you love?

Last response: in Components

Which case is your favourite (post reason)

Total: 60 votes (20 blank votes)

• Silverstone Raven RV02
  • 4 %
  • Silverstone Raven RV03
  • 6 %
  • Silverstone FT02
  • 4 %
  • Corsair Obsidian 650D
  • 8 %
  • Corsair Obsidian 800D
  • 12 %
  • CoolerMaster Haf X
  • 18 %
  • CoolerMaster Haf 932 (USB 3.0 and black interior version)
  • 22 %
  • NZXT Phantom
  • 20 %
  • Antec DF-85
  • 10 %
  • Lancool PC-K62
  • 0 %
October 5, 2011 12:35:04 PM

Hey guys I have seen many case threads popping up recently (myself contributing a few :whistle:  ) and I decided it would be useful to some people if they could vote on their favourite case so that new builders can see the popular choices. Feel free to explain your vote below :)  Remember value for money is a factor so dont just vote for the most expensive case ;) 

The cases in the poll are just the ones that I have been seeing thrown around the most recently. If you have another case just comment below and explain why :D 

More about : case love

a b ) Power supply
October 5, 2011 1:05:38 PM

i know that HAF X will get highest number of votes cuz its great but 800D,Phantom,RV3,and DF-85 are good too.even my thermaltake armour + full tower is good tooooo
October 5, 2011 1:18:11 PM

none of the above. i have the HAF 922
Related resources
October 5, 2011 1:42:08 PM

Antec 902, where's the button for "Other?"
a b ) Power supply
October 5, 2011 2:15:07 PM

What the??
No HuntKey????????
This stinks.
October 5, 2011 2:19:21 PM

For a $40-60 case the Antec 300 is a phenomenal buy... I have a HTPC in my livingroom using this case - not too small and not too big and plenty of options for it. My main machine is the Antec 902 which is great as well... but from a building perspective the 300 can't be beat.
October 6, 2011 8:32:29 AM

Yeah I had a sneaky feeling that the haf x and 932 would do the best. :p 
October 6, 2011 9:40:02 AM

silverstone rv02 or rv03 FTW :) 
a b ) Power supply
October 6, 2011 9:43:50 AM

Love is a strong word I wouldn't use for a computer case, but I like the unique design of the Silverstone RV. My vote goes for the RV03.
October 6, 2011 9:45:34 AM

Antec 300. Why do I need to spend more than $60.00USD for a case?
October 6, 2011 11:02:28 AM

C0rehound said:
Antec 902, where's the button for "Other?"

This.
a c 85 ) Power supply
October 6, 2011 11:58:25 AM

I have the 300. Case is ok, but zero thought was given to cable managment. There is the cutout behind the motherboard for adding a HSF, but way to route the cables behind the tray. There are also no vents for the bottom mounted PSU. It's not a bad case, but there are things about it that could make it better.
October 6, 2011 12:45:28 PM

I have the Coolermaster HAF 912, and love it, its quiet, good cable management, and has ample space to add graphics cards like the GTX590 or HD6990, and great for the cooling. For me it also looks cool. :) 
October 6, 2011 12:52:39 PM

4745454b said:
I have the 300. Case is ok, but zero thought was given to cable managment. There is the cutout behind the motherboard for adding a HSF, but way to route the cables behind the tray. There are also no vents for the bottom mounted PSU. It's not a bad case, but there are things about it that could make it better.

Very true, but for how cheap it is it's way worth it... I was actually cruising through Best Buy looking for a micro HDMI to MDMI cable and seen they had the 300 on sale for 40$ I couldn't resist the temptation. Once I got home and started assembling it I noticed the little area next to the hard drive cage for cable managment. I was thinking they (Antec) should have incorporated this feature into the 902. As for the missing cut-outs? It's $40! I just pulled out my drill, tin snips and file... worked great.

Tome Hardware even built a system using the case and fit to GTX 580's in it!

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/overclock-cpu-sli-ssd,rev...
a c 85 ) Power supply
October 6, 2011 12:57:29 PM

There are NZXT cases on newegg for less that have the same "features" that the 300 has. And you shouldn't have to take tools to a new case, more so if it has Antec's name on it. Step it up. I don't expect tool less drive bays or other high end stuff. But no way to hide the wires behind the tray? This is 2011, not 2008.
October 6, 2011 1:04:56 PM

Antec 900 TWO Ultimate Gamer Case

I love it because it looks great. has great functionality and is a real eye catcher. The complete black inside and out makes for a great looking build inside your case and the blue fans make a great blue - black theme. There are washable filter on all the inlets so my case stays very clean on the inside.

All in all it is just a great case.
October 6, 2011 2:16:50 PM

Quote:
I'm 50/50 on that.
I guess it depends on if I need more than a Phillips screwdriver or not.
:lol: 
I can be so lazy..

right, all you have to do is to take off the side BACK panel and there it is..

Sorry 'bout the grammar, this 'Droid is weird like that.

Your right, take off the side panel a Walla! Another thing is the fact it's steel. I can't speak for anyone else but I can't stand cheap plastic and those clips to go with it. I have no problem with a screws and screwdriver.
a c 104 ) Power supply
October 6, 2011 2:55:45 PM

Bit of modding never hurts hehe, makes a case truly yours

not voting as I dont go for the mainstream selection usually sorry so I agree with the others who have noted the lack of an 'other' vote :) 
as for love? I love every case I get my grubbies on hehe
Moto
October 6, 2011 2:56:56 PM

RussK1 said:
Sorry 'bout the grammar, this 'Droid is weird like that.

Another thing is the fact it's steel. I can't speak for anyone else but I can't stand cheap plastic and those clips to go with it. I have no problem with a screws and screwdriver.

+1

That is why I love my case. It has screws and is steel. Sure it is heavier, but it is strong and sturdy.
October 6, 2011 3:18:40 PM

Rizlla said:
+1

That is why I love my case. It has screws and is steel. Sure it is heavier, but it is strong and sturdy.

my main machine is the 902 and it's gotta be a hundred lbs! I just wish Antec would have done something more intuitive with access to the front fans and filters. And maybe offer a bracket for a bigger side fan other than 120mm. I had to mod it to fit a 140mm and I still have room for (not much) bigger.

Maybe I'm just bias, I tend to veer into the direction of Antec and Corsair. Being Antec cases and Corsair components.
a c 85 ) Power supply
October 6, 2011 3:59:13 PM

How is the 300 better then this case?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Steel, $39 shipped, cable management, doesn't support a 140mm up top but does have room for two 120mms. Yes the front is "ugly", but considering the cable management in the tray I'd consider this to be the better case.

And by tools I meant tin snips and dremels. If NZXT can do it, why can't Antec? For those that want a more normal case, they have this one as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
October 6, 2011 4:52:51 PM

RussK1 said:

Once I got home and started assembling it I noticed the little area next to the hard drive cage for cable managment. I was thinking they (Antec) should have incorporated this feature into the 902.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/overclock-cpu-sli-ssd,rev...

The 902 doesn't need this feature. Plenty of cable management space behind the motherboard tray. I was able route everything back behind there inc the cables I didn't use. Awesome and clean. It does take a little doing to get to the front fan filters, that would be my only gripe, but it's really only a few extra screws. Well worth the extra effort IMO. :) 
October 6, 2011 11:15:12 PM

www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&pro...

I love this case, its going in my new build. Trusted brand, tooless design, good colouring (I like it), new ro the market , can install up to 6 fans (2-120mm and 4-200mm), USB 3.0, 2.5''-3.5'' top docking station, excellent cable managemet with rubber gromets so you dont cut you wires and much much more. Its also at a good price (sub $150).
October 6, 2011 11:34:46 PM

Quote:
I thought about this thread title, case do you love...?
I don't know how I feel about 'lovin' a case..
eeewwwhh.

Yeah funny... I can picture everyone making out at the beach under a nice sunset with the HAF X, pulling it along in a Radio Flyer, spooning at night with it... lol

no I don't think I "love" any case. They're all the same in one respect, they house parts and that's it.
October 6, 2011 11:45:39 PM

Quote:
I got a good visual from the radio flyer....
+1 :lol: 

though with house parts, I'd love a new bathroom in my house....;)

+1...

me too so I wouldn't have to fight with my wife over it. Oh, and perhaps a new playhouse for my daughter.

edit: the playhouse will probably come after a new cpu upgrade!

October 7, 2011 12:51:51 AM

Quote:
sounds like were in the same boat amigo.. :sol: 

Poor us, no wonder we like sixty-dollar cases! :ouch: 
a b ) Power supply
October 7, 2011 8:06:46 AM

650D gets my vote every time :D 
October 7, 2011 12:20:26 PM

If you like big cases you guys should check out the Xigmatek Elysium (hoper I spelled both words right :p ) its massive and its a good price.
a c 85 ) Power supply
October 7, 2011 12:25:26 PM

I love huge cases. Hated working on those HP "Toaster" cases back in the P3 era. Was about the size of a dual slot toaster if you stood it on end with the bread slices facing you. Hated working on them because of how little room there was in there. And I have small hands.

I love huge cases. Plenty of room for your hands, fans, cards, etc. No worries about whether X card fits if you have a huge case. Now if the wires on everything was long enough...
October 7, 2011 1:09:44 PM

yeh have you heard of the elysium apparently its the dark horse of the full towers :p 
October 7, 2011 1:32:29 PM

If I wasn't so obsessed with internals of my machines I'd probably go with the Corsair 800D. Other than having more room to work, big cases are just impractical unless one is going to run some super res with quad SLI/CF, some extravagant loop or some type of server.
a b ) Power supply
October 7, 2011 1:39:05 PM

elysum is a really super case.but still nothing beats my armour + cause its mine.just kidding.maingear shift cases also have some excellent looks,cooling,cable management IMO.
a c 85 ) Power supply
October 8, 2011 5:00:45 PM

I'm not familiar with the CM430, but I personally wouldn't have spent ~$40 if you had a nice case already.

I hope I made my point. The 300 is nice and all, but if you look around a bit you can find just as nice if not better for less. I only looked at NZXT. I know Raidmax and others make nice cases as well. It would be great to get any of the cases listed in the poll as well, but not all of us can afford $100+ cases.
October 8, 2011 6:01:10 PM

Have the HAF 922. But voted for 932 as it is taller version of 922 with a few more options. I like the X also, but its a battleship.
October 9, 2011 12:00:21 AM

All I have to say is... HAF X are roomy, decent amount of airflow and fan size are bigger than "usual" which offer the potential to keep good airflow while the speed decreases in comparison to 80mm fans for example; therefore less noises. Now you can always replace the included fans if you would like which by the way are decent and put some "better" ones.

October 9, 2011 3:44:11 AM

I was thinking of getting myself a Thermaltake, but none are listed here...

They're not bad cases, are they? I want to get that slick Level 10 GT Snow Edition.
October 9, 2011 10:03:54 AM

Level 10 GT is apparently not worth the cash, for that price I would rather go for an 800d and spend the saved money on a sick watercooling loop :o 
October 9, 2011 10:04:09 AM

And teh shiny lights :o 
October 9, 2011 9:33:36 PM

PTNLemay said:
I was thinking of getting myself a Thermaltake, but none are listed here...

They're not bad cases, are they? I want to get that slick Level 10 GT Snow Edition.

I do not know the market for cases as of today. However, yes you can always find cases with less airflow ability, poor/finiky construction and other little things that makes cases more noisy they should be. E.G: I purchased a 30$ case about 7~9 years ago which encompasses all above points and criticisms.

I am not down to check all cases. When it comes to picking one I read the case specs and the owners' comment. That is always indicative of something, especially when you find that the case have been sold 500+ times.

I hope it helps a bit
October 9, 2011 9:41:01 PM

None of the poll options, I vote for Coolermaster 690 II Advanced
October 9, 2011 9:52:23 PM

Quote:
Corsair carbide 500R

Yeah Carbide 500R and 600T white editions look posh as fook
October 9, 2011 11:45:04 PM

Phantom FTW :)  Don't see why HAF 932 wins.
!