April 26, 2011 11:08:51 PM

Computer specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6570 @ 2.66 GHz
Mainboard: P5N-E SLI
2.5 GB Ram
Windows Vista 32-bit OS
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Hello,

I recently experienced some problems when playing Team Fortress 2. The game would freeze and the last sound heard would stutter in a sort of "DUHDUHDUHDUH"-like rhythm for a while. Then the screen would turn off, and I'd restart my computer.

This continued for a while, until eventually I restarted my computer once and had yellow/blue vertical bands running down the screen.

Also, after restarting my comp, when I got to the black loading screen where the cursor blinks, I'd have some strange font on the right side of my screen. Some of the characters were music notes and what appeared to be the symbol for a capacitor in a circuit diagram.

After some initial research, I found that the video drivers had failed on my graphics card and potentially caused permanent damage to my card. Windows shut down the card because it isn't functioning (code 43).

What troubles me more is that my motherboard might be damaged. I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem and could help me decipher whether I just need to replace my graphics card or get a whole new motherboard (HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS).

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

More about : question code error

April 28, 2011 12:35:32 AM

Or, if nobody cares to give an explanation, a point in the right direction would help.
!