Sign in with
Your question

One Last Check Before I Hit The Buy Button

Last response: in Systems
July 8, 2011 9:39:21 PM
July 8, 2011 9:54:30 PM

Overall the build looks good and I don’t see any problems. Maybe you could add a SSD so that you can set up the Intel® SRT (Smart Response Technology). Something like the Intel SSD 320 40GB with its 5 year warranty would be nice but it isn’t something that you must have.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
July 8, 2011 9:58:37 PM

sweet! gonna hit the BUY button ASAP!
Related resources
July 8, 2011 10:06:17 PM

Hi there,

The build looks very good! Two suggestions to check on and consider before committing yourself

With the high end Gigabyte MB, might consider a SATA 6Gb/s HDD rather than the SATA II. I like the WD 1 TB Black 6 Gb/s drive a lot.

Also the GTX 570 is a long Video card, as you can see from the image. Check on it's length at the EVGA web site to make sure it will fit in the Mid Tower case you are considering. The manufacturers don't make it easy to find the card length, but it is in the specs. With 2 PCI-e power plugs, make sure it will fit in the allotted space. If the dimension of the case space isn't specifically listed, you can eyeball the distance from the MB backplate 9.6" wide to the HDD enclosure.

Have fun with your new rig!
July 8, 2011 10:41:39 PM

Except that the Samsung is on sale right now for $49.99 with the code and is actually faster than the WD Sata III drive. Keep to the Samsung it rocks.
Sata III is great for the 3rd gen SSD's, but pretty useless for HDD's where Sata II is plenty.
July 8, 2011 10:42:53 PM

how come when i enter the code it says its a valid code but im not qualified or something???
July 8, 2011 10:45:42 PM

Although you've entered a valid promo code EMCKCKB22, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria.
July 9, 2011 5:10:23 AM

don't buy a samsung drive. well, at least i wouldn't. Had a spinpoint F1 1TB disk for 2 months and bam, CRC errors. Sectors was already starting to die rapidly! buy quality harddrives, not speedy ones, and not when you buy a big one as you would probably want to use it as storage too. You could however buy a small fast drive for OS, and a quality big one for storage.
July 9, 2011 6:49:11 AM

You are much better off with the f3. Mechanical 7200rpm drives can't even saturate a sata 3.0Gb/s connection, the sata III on those drives is just marketing crap it will make zero difference! The f3 typically performs as good or better than the WD blacks.

Buy the hyper 212+ from amazon it is $29.51 from them (you have to go to the list of sellers and choose amazon though). Newegg is just exploiting the 212+'s popularity since it used to be 29.99 from them as well.
July 9, 2011 9:20:11 PM

what is a good monitor to go with my build up there?
!