Do you see any bent pins?

Tigerbite

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
bentpin.jpg

The only thing that looks remotely out of place are 2 of the things in the middle area. This is my first build where the pins are on the motherboard and not the CPU. Are those 2 bent? All the little ones around the outside area seem perfect to me. I tried to get as good of a picture as I could (taken with my cell phone at a weird angle so it wasn't blocking the light, since the flash made everything white XD).

Well, I'll be honest, I don't even see what you're talking about with the ones in the middle area. The only one that slightly concerns me is the top one of the two on the bottom left, but I think it's just the way the pic was taken that may be distorting it.

Otherwise, it looks just fine to me.

Tigerbite

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
Yeah, see...this is my board before I shipped it back to newegg for a RMA. I received an e-mail from them yesterday saying they're not going to refund my money and ship it back to me because of bent pins in the cpu socket.

I e-mailed them and they practically repeated the first e-mail they sent me. Should I call and yell at them now or should I wait till I get my board back and see what they did to it? >_>

You can try to talk to them, but I doubt it'll do much good. If they "believe" there are bent pins there, they're going to no matter what probably. I seriously don't really see anything that looks out of place besides what I mentioned above. I suppose you'll just have to wait to get it back.

What was wrong to begin with, DOA?

Tigerbite

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
I just received my motherboard back from newegg. Here's the picture of the CPU socket AFTER getting it back from them. I'm going to have to say that wasn't there before I shipped it to them (as seen in the first picture.)

They have agreed to refund my money once I ship this back to them since I'm a good customer and haven't had any problems before as a "ONE TIME COURTESY"

Unfortunately, I bought the same motherboard after shipping that back to them for a refund (since they don't cross ship) and it also came to me dead. I will be sending that one back to them on Thursday and I will be sure to include a note along with a picture of the socket and a link to a youtube video of me glaring at them and telling them they better give me my money back with no BS this time >=O (Okay, maybe not the video, lol.)

bentpin2.jpg

Tigerbite

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2012
"He wont try and get his money back, rip some pins out and bend a few others, ship it back to him." That's my only guess. At first I was thinking...maybe shipping could've damaged it by tossing it all over the place (highly unlikely in my eyes with the way its packaged plus the plastic cover over the cpu socket), but then getting it back with pins MISSING. What the heck o_O lol