GTX 560Ti SLI benchmark results thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

majin ssj eric

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
I received my second EVGA GTX 560Ti today and spend the entire afternoon installing it (ended up having to remove the mobo from the case....don't ask). I've been benching it tonight and have some preliminary results. Both cards are running at stock speed and both are superclocked to 900MHz core. These benches were run with driver version 266.66 (am updating to 270.61 as I type this). So far I am ranging from 56%-72% improvement in performance over my single card overclocked to 980MHz. I have seen significant gains in every test run so far and there have been zero issues with compatibility as of yet. For my money, its looking like dual 560Ti's for under $500 is the value leader at this pricepoint. I'm seeing a significant performance advantage over a single GTX 580 which still costs more than my two 560's. Anyway, check it out (and keep in mind that these are preliminary results as I intend to OC both of these cards and am updating to the latest drivers):

dualgtx560ti3dmark11sto.jpg
[/URL][/img]

dualgtx560timetro2033be.jpg
[/URL][/img]

dualgtx560tivantageruns.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Keep checking back for more updates....

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I went from a 480>460sSLI>590>580. I was asking the same question here because I was very disappointed in the performance in the 590. I was between 560ti in sli and the ASUS DirectCU II 580 and I chose the 580. Even tho I know the 560s can run circles around one 580 but I wanted more VRAM and the 560s just didnt cut it. Plus I was tired of stutter in games with my sli setup so instead of going for two low teir cards, I just went for one. But touching on ther performance, two 560s are a beast and the numbers show it. It clearly is the way to go price per performance wise but honestly, all those frames over 60 are usless unless you got a 120hz monitor. Judging from that, one 580 will run your all your games maxed out at 1920x1080 at 50+ fps(except metro).

And besides, how much power do we really need to run console ports?

Congrats on that second 560 tho.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009

I have to show some restraint or ill be sleeping on the couch. BTW how you liking the Sabertooth? We have the same mobo and chip and I seriously havent owned a better board. I didnt like the look at first but when its installed in a all black case, it is the sexiest. I almost asked it out to dinner when my install was finished.

i couldn't agree more. One thing I wanna tip you off on is that these things take some time to settle in. In Son No. 3's build, we put in two of the ASUS GTX560 TI DirectCU II TOP (900MHz):

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_asus_gtx560ti/4.htm

I played a few days with the CPU OC and when spring break came along I hadda let the machine go and he's been on it ever since. I did get to try the GFX card OC one day while he was out doing things boys used to do when I was a kid (baseball). I turned off SLI and tested them individually .... 1st one went to 1000 MHz / 4880 (75C max) w/o me needing to touch the voltage and stayed quiet with fan about 50%. The 2nd one was noisy as hell and it was not a good noise ..... it also had trouble w/ OCCT's GPU test even at the 900 MHz speed ..... newegg replaced within a few days.

This is where it got interesting. The replacement arrived and I thru it in for a non SLI test .... while the noise "problem" was gone, the card was still noisey as the fan was spinning at > 4000 rpm. I started at 950 (15 min) and then 980 (15 min) and then 1000MHz at max voltage and it ran ... but at 82C. Cutting the voltage was failure at 1000, failure at 980 and failure at 950 .... I almost gave up at that point but over time ..... I was able to get it to run stable at lower and lower voltages. I ran outta time at 1.075 volts and 980 Mhz. I decided to give them time to "burn in a bit" before tackling them again. Temps were lower to and the fan speed was in the 58 - 60% range ...and quiet.

My thinking at this point is influenced by CPU overclocking experiences .... I always run my CPU OC's at a bit higher voltage than is necessary for "stability" for a couple of thermal cycles to "set the TIM". Seems after its heated up and allowed to cool a few times, I get much better temps. AS5 web site says they need 200 hours of this heating / cooling to full cure the TIM .... I have never seen it change this far out but I do see measurable changes over 2 - 4 cycles.

I'm thinking the same thing is going on w/ the factory applied TIM on the vid cards and that's responsible for the lower temps over time .... it doesn't quite explain though why unstable settings at 45 and 60 minutes are suddenly stable and hour or 2 later.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
Indeed. Right now im at 925core on my DirectCUII 580 with very little voltage bump. I just got the card about 3 days ago so I havent had a chance to go crazy. But now Im inspired to see how high I can go with max voltage. Im guessing 1ghz easy. Im so glad I sold my Classified 590.

so you dont have stuttering as silky salamandr did? i find it odd that some people get this and some dont. It seems to sometimes happen to xfire setups, this is the first i have heard of it in sli setup.

silky salamandr

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009

Dirt 2 was the worst ive ever seen. When you come into a stadium part of the level, the frames would drop form 60(vsync) all the way down to 20 and hop along until I left the stadium. That was with 460s and dont know about 560s since those are tho only cards within the last year I havent owned. Like everything it depends on the games you play.

I haven't run the Dirt 2 demo/benchmark yet, I might give it a go at some point over this weekend if I get a chance.

templarklimek

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011

:cry: Sad but true about console ports. I put in a 6990 xfired with 6970. But for what? i'm playing rome total war and mount and blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.